433Mhz Pc <-> Pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Are there any (cheap) Dongle to send any kind of Text von Pc to Pc?
I know there are some Dongle out there but can the also work?
THX!

M105

I think there are some 433 MHz transceivers around. Going PC to PC you might consider just using Bluetooth or WiFi.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Output power is less than watt of the 433 MHz system. Through put will also be limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
the are not that nice. The Output Power are to low.

900MHz might be a better choice as there are more products out there. You can run 1 watt. Speed/throughput is limited, though.
I've got a 1 mile link at work running on 900MHz radios. It's just water tank level data, so not much data.

If you need more throughput there are other options.
What is your distance you need to cover?
What sort of interface to do you need? -serial, USB, Ethernet?

Does it need to be wireless?

Your_account

Banned
How far are you trying to send data?
hmm how far we could go. Some Km in the best ways.
Output power is less than watt of the 433 MHz system.
Radio Amateurs could use 100W max. So...
've got a 1 mile link at work running on 900MHz radios. It's just water tank level data, so not much data.
sorry the Phone Coverage are not everything the best.
What is your distance you need to cover?
500m for the start and after how far we could go. Some km would be nice an with an directional Antenna.
What sort of interface to do you need? -serial, USB, Ethernet?
USB and if it necessary Lan but I need a power source who sucks abroad.
Does it need to be wireless?
Yes sometimes it not possible to use a Cable.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you are trying to do but the limited data you offer leaves us very handicapped. Not knowing what you want and the way you are trying to do this just does not look legal to me sorry I can not help. The 433 band is limited to LOW POWER VERY LOW POWER less than 1 watt as you are going to disrupt all kinds of services with your plan.

Your_account

Banned
Amateur Radio User could send on the 400Mhz Band with an output power of 100W!
Some of them run a DVB-T Service on 433 and the Gov. could not do anything against.
Thats the easiest way to jam the Car Keys *gg*.

ok ok i dont want to jam then but I will communicate with some other Laptop.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you want to set up some sort of ad hoc network on the 70cm band. But what EXACTLY do you want to do?

How far do you need to reach?

Project25_MASTR

Again, what kind of through put are you looking for?

GE made a line called iNEt. 900 MHz spread spectrum capable of up to 1 Mbps. Both serial and 802.3.

Ubiquiti has an IP radio in 900 MHz.

4RF makes a serial/IP narrowband radio.

By amateur radio technical specs, you are limited 9600 baud on a 25 kHz channel.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Again, what kind of through put are you looking for?
Ubiquiti has an IP radio in 900 MHz.

You can go higher than 900 Mhz with Ubiquiti gear and get throughputs of over 10 Mb/s

We have an HSMM network here in VE4 land. I use a 2.4 Ghz Ubiquity M2 Bullet modified to operate at 2.3 Ghz (in the ham band below WiFi channel 1). https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/bulletm/ It puts out about 0.6 watts. I feed it to a 36dBi grid dish on my tower. It plugs right in to the dish so there is no need for coax. With the dish, the effective radiated power is over 500 Watts. It lets me reach a node located 6 miles away. (This node ties in to the main HSMM network in a nearby city over a 23 mile 5 Ghz link).

The hams in the city are much closer together and don't need the gain. They can get by using Ubiquity Nano radios. https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/nanostationm/ They contain both the transmitter and the antenna.

The Bullet and Nano are essentially high power wireless routers that you plug in to your computer. Our network is private using the 44.x.x.x IP numbers reserved for amateur radio.

Your_account

Banned
It sounds like you want to set up some sort of ad hoc network on the 70cm band. But what EXACTLY do you want to do?
Yes! Transmit Data from Laptop A to Laptop B also Text.
GE made a line called iNEt. 900 MHz spread spectrum capable of up to 1 Mbps. Both serial and 802.3.
haha i know what GSM is....
You can go higher than 900 Mhz with Ubiquiti gear and get throughputs of over 10 Mb/s
LTE Suport 5/30 but its a Network thing...
With the dish
bad idea onboard a Train....
3ghz?! I have to check which freqs are for what.

EDIT:
NanoStation M900 Loco: said:
OPERATING FREQUENCY 902-928 MHz
a very very stupid idea...
The interfere the GSM on 880 - 915 MHz

2412-2462
interfere Wifi 2400 - 2483
3400-3700
interfere LTE (after 2020)
3650-3675

Last edited:

RFI-EMI-GUY

Yes! Transmit Data from Laptop A to Laptop B also Text.
haha i know what GSM is....LTE Suport 5/30 but its a Network thing...bad idea onboard a Train....
3ghz?! I have to check which freqs are for what.

EDIT:
a very very stupid idea...
The interfere the GSM on 880 - 915 MHz

interfere Wifi 2400 - 2483

Guess you are just SOL !!!

Project25_MASTR

We have an HSMM network here in VE4 land. I use a 2.4 Ghz Ubiquity M2 Bullet modified to operate at 2.3 Ghz (in the ham band below WiFi channel 1). https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/bulletm/ It puts out about 0.6 watts. I feed it to a 36dBi grid dish on my tower. It plugs right in to the dish so there is no need for coax. With the dish, the effective radiated power is over 500 Watts. It lets me reach a node located 6 miles away. (This node ties in to the main HSMM network in a nearby city over a 23 mile 5 Ghz link).

The hams in the city are much closer together and don't need the gain. They can get by using Ubiquity Nano radios. https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/nanostationm/ They contain both the transmitter and the antenna.

The Bullet and Nano are essentially high power wireless routers that you plug in to your computer. Our network is private using the 44.x.x.x IP numbers reserved for amateur radio.

Well aware. I run a WISP almost entirely off of Ubiquiti radios. I stay mostly in 3.65, 5 GHz and 10 GHz.

I lost faith in HSMM back when they went several years without updating anything. Then Uni-II became available and I pretty much stay on that. My furthest shot is 19 miles on 5 GHz and runs 78 Mbps each way. The second furthest is 17 miles on 3.65 GHz. Nothing is meshed.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Well aware. I run a WISP almost entirely off of Ubiquiti radios. I stay mostly in 3.65, 5 GHz and 10 GHz.

I lost faith in HSMM back when they went several years without updating anything. Then Uni-II became available and I pretty much stay on that. My furthest shot is 19 miles on 5 GHz and runs 78 Mbps each way. The second furthest is 17 miles on 3.65 GHz. Nothing is meshed.

One of our members has WISP experience. He helps with the installations

We aren't meshed either. The system is just a bunch of bridges. But it works. We just use 2.3 and 5 Ghz as a backhaul, but we are looking at going from 2.3 to 3.4 Ghz eventually.

In Canada 2.3 Gig and 3.5 Gig are shared bands with amateurs as secondary users. (We have obtained official permission to operate). The thought is that 3.5 Ghz will get us away from stuff like hacked WRT routers and make the network a bit more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.