OP-25 Pybombs Installation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBB1

I was attempting to install OP25/GNURadio using Pybombs, as defined in the OP25 installation instructions, but hit a roadblock right off the bat...

The instructions seem straight forward:

git clone git://github.com/pybombs/pybombs
cd pybombs
./pybombs install gr-op25

My issue is that last line - the statement returns something to the effect that ./pybombs is a directory. I assumed this was telling it to install gr-op25 into the ./pybombs directory, and that the "./" indicated that it was a hidden folder, or something. I'm viewing hidden files/folders but am not finding it - only a non-hidden pybombs folder under the top level pybombs folder that was created by the previous statements.

Am running Ubuntu Mate v16.x.

What am I doing wrong?

boatbod

Curious, because that's where my pybombs executable is installed even though the download directory is in my home dir.

I believe you need to locate the executable and add that path to your environment.

KA1RBI

we're no longer recommending pybombs to install OP25. In the "vmware/windows/OP25" thread in this forum there is the current recommended procedures to install OP25. Currently there is a hard version requirement for ubuntu 14.04 LTS,,,

Max

DBB1

Will check it out. A fellow forum member pointed me to another install method in another post, and I was able to get things installed. It may be the same method you're referring to, which when completed, did in fact place files in the location you mentioned. It installs gnuradio v3.7 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Have been able to successfully run the osmocom_fft signal browser, but the APCO Receiver doesn't seem to do anything, and I'm getting errors in the terminal window when it runs, so that will be the next thing to tackle...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.