Choppy Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gotten my SDR and DSD+ to decode digital. No Errors in the command prompt or anything, but the audio coming from the decode is sometimes very, very choppy. It's only sometimes, is there a bandwidth issue or what?

boatbod

I have gotten my SDR and DSD+ to decode digital. No Errors in the command prompt or anything, but the audio coming from the decode is sometimes very, very choppy. It's only sometimes, is there a bandwidth issue or what?

Likely a tuning error or incorrect gain setting (too low or too high).

majoco

Stirrer
I had a similar problem when I resurrected an old dongle that I wanted to use as a spectrum analyser. On testing on the local FM station, the audio had tiny gaps in it about every half second. After lots of fiddling I tracked it down to the FFT resolution for the display set too high - way up the top. I set it right down to 512, the audio was distorted but not chopped, so I gradually increased the resolution until I got the choppiness again and backed it off one step - it's now set on 16384 - I guess that's samples per second.
Don't tell anyone but I used SDRSharper :wink:

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Have had the same problem in the past with choppy audio. Too many cobwebs in the brain but I think the problem was solved by changing the sampling rate. Don't quote me on this but I had the MSPS set too high and kept lowering it until problem solved. This will also affect the width of the spectrum.

Oh - here's one I do remember - make sure your squelch level is set properly. If set too high it'll cause that.
Check that first.

c_snyder

It can also be something as simple as too high to too low input volume on the audio cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.