? about these frequencys

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

hey i got a new pro 164 and it comes with signal stockerII and a sp.signal stockerII well i hade it on sp.signal stockerII today and i got some frequencys that was not on the date base i live in lugoff south carolina and thats near camden witch when i was using it i was in camden and my radio was hooked to a larsen nmo 150/450/800mhz antenna here is the frequency that i heard that came in clear with voice talking on them and i can not id who they was 160.410, 157.6875, 152.435, 157.695, 112.875 , 462.775, 462.76875, 158.6400, 153.8000, 929.61250, 127.875 124.7000, 501.26250, 488.31250, 929.61250 all of these i heard somthing on them and my scanner stoped on them can some one tell me what they could of been cause these are some weard frequencys but i did here some one talking from them

LarrySC

Well some of them are RailRoad, Business band, aircraft, Paging, maybe one intermod. Put a 19" telescopic whip on the 164 and it may do better. I would start out with Groups 2 & 5 for VHF/UHF. 90% of anything new you would find could be in those two. I use Signal Stalker mode on a PRO-2055 mobile with a MAXRAD 1545 dual band GAIN antenna. Blows me away sometimes just how good it works. You need to study the band limits for each service then you would know what it could be. Good Luck.

lugoffman

LarrySC said:
Well some of them are RailRoad, Business band, aircraft, Paging, maybe one intermod. Put a 19" telescopic whip on the 164 and it may do better. I would start out with Groups 2 & 5 for VHF/UHF. 90% of anything new you would find could be in those two. I use Signal Stalker mode on a PRO-2055 mobile with a MAXRAD 1545 dual band GAIN antenna. Blows me away sometimes just how good it works. You need to study the band limits for each service then you would know what it could be. Good Luck.

well ill do that also everyone told me to use this nmo larsen 150/450/800 mhz antenna and it would do fine but i do think it does a little better but not much sometimes i pick up more using the stock antenna and sometimes i pick up better using the larsen antenna but anyways on that 900 frequency i herd a lot of stuff sounding like that noise the tv makes when there is a tornado or somthing coming

LarrySC

I assume you are using the portable in your car on the Larson mobile ant. The Larson is an upside down MAXRAD. If direct mounted to body or with an "L" bracket it should work fine. If, however, you are using the Larson on a Mag mount you may have some issues. A portable scanner on a Mag mount is not grounded to the car. Being grounded really helps receiving.

lugoffman

LarrySC said:
I assume you are using the portable in your car on the Larson mobile ant. The Larson is an upside down MAXRAD. If direct mounted to body or with an "L" bracket it should work fine. If, however, you are using the Larson on a Mag mount you may have some issues. A portable scanner on a Mag mount is not grounded to the car. Being grounded really helps receiving.

yea im using the mag mount lol!! im also looking to buy another mount that my antenna will go on thats better than the mag. do they make one for it ? cause i know nothing about them and this is what every one said to get but when i got it i pick up some what better but i dont feel like im picking up what i should be picking up. you said somthing about grounding it how can i do that what do i need to get ???

lugoffman

shakey071 said:
i need some good spartanburg talkgroups let me know something.......

hey you can find them in the palm 800 listed under your county in the radio reference data base click on palm 800 scroll down the page to you see them

Status
Not open for further replies.