South Carolina EMS signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
RE: SC EMS Signals

Don't know if they're up to date but in my 2005 edition of the Police Call Frequency Guide the SC EMS signals are on page 529.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Re: SC EMS Signals

If you want me to I'll email them to you, just give me time to type them in to an attachment.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I did not check to verify that this is the same information linked to by Caesar, but we have a list of SC DHEC signals in the radioreference database for SC.

It's tricky to find - go the the main SC database page, click on "Other SC Government Agencies", and then click the "Codes and Maps" tab. It's there because so many agencies use them.

The direct link: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=codes&code_id=1137

lugoffman

brian said:
I did not check to verify that this is the same information linked to by Caesar, but we have a list of SC DHEC signals in the radioreference database for SC.

It's tricky to find - go the the main SC database page, click on "Other SC Government Agencies", and then click the "Codes and Maps" tab. It's there because so many agencies use them.

The direct link: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=codes&code_id=1137

Thanks brian ,again Lol !!! Your the one that gave it to me the last time, I knew it was there but i just could not find it, of course I didnt look in the government page. But this is what I was looking for

lugoffman

I also like Ceasar's link to Briaan, there is some signals on Ceasar's link that are not on the data base file , such as signal 050 which is missing on the date base file and some others .Both are good links though .

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
lugoffman said:
I also like Ceasar's link to Briaan, there is some signals on Ceasar's link that are not on the data base file , such as signal 050 which is missing on the date base file and some others .Both are good links though .

these are what we used at richland county ems until we went plain text last year

lugoffman

Caesar said:
these are what we used at richland county ems until we went plain text last year

I listen to Kershaw County somtimes and what little do I here they use these codes alot.
My wife has gotten into the scanning hobby and she loves the EMS thing , and she was wanting these codes I had them once before but i put it away and lost it. Now she is wanting me to get her a psr500 I told her when I get one first ,she will get one I dont think that went over to well Lol !!!!

bpalmer

Just thought I would point out that when using the DEHC codes that some counties say "EMS code 74" while a diffrent county might say "Signal 74" they are the same. Some counties use plain language. Occasionally a dispatcher may use a law enforcement code when they should use a DHEC code, drives inexperiences EMTS crazy.

Last edited:

lugoffman

bpalmer said:
Just thought I would point out that when using the DEHC codes that some counties say "EMS code 74" while a diffrent county might say "Signal 74" they are the same. Some counties use plain language. Occasionally a dispatch may use a law enforcement code when they should use a DHEC code, drives inexperiences ENTS crazy.
Ok thanks !! Now that you said somthing its making since to me now cause my county uses signals and sometimes codes , they really mix it up a little I bet the EMS personal is going nuts

SCPD

QRT
Also, some counties use both codes and signals at the same time. A signal # is used when referencing a specific medical condition of a patient and a 10 code is used to refer to the type of call or incident.

Viking1

As a Paramedic I can confirm that those codes are correct and current.

Alex, whats the time table for EMS to go to 800. Also when your at work tell Capt. "L" down there in the basement that I need my keyloader cable back....

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Viking1 said:
As a Paramedic in Anderson I confirm that those codes are correct and current.

Alex, whats the time table for EMS to go to 800. Also when your at work tell Capt. "L" down there in the basement that I need my keyloader cable back....

PM on the way....

rescuecomm

Up in Pickens County, EMS and Rescue were supposed to go to plain language, but the dispatchers still use EMS signals and 10 codes. We are now enroute and on scene instead of 10-17 and 10-23. I guess we just dropped the 10 codes.

Bob

khubbard

in spartanburg we use plain text dispatch. all fire, rescue and ems use this. pd's still use 10 codes

Status
Not open for further replies.