Anderson City Pal800

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndersonMBK

Any ideas when Anderson City is going to get set up on the Palmetto 800? I know the county has been on it, and I know there's already talkgroups for the city, both police and fire. I heard Anderson Fire Dept. doing a "test" on what I beleive was talkgroup 62384 this evening.

LarrySC

62384 is listed as an EMS ID but anything goes. The city has a trunking system but the word I received was that it is a joke. Works about as for as you can spit.

AndersonMBK

Is the RR Database out of date for this Id?

"62384 f3b D ANDSN CO FD Anderson Co. FD Fire-Tac"

In the test the firefighter said he was on the other side of 85, and he acted like he was impressed, that's why I figured they may be testing new radios.

SCPD

QRT
Anderson City FD has not been assigned any talkgroups on the Pal800. Any activity you hear will be on the County FD talkgroup. The only city fire personnel issued 800mhz radios are the highest ranking officers. These radio's are only utilized when operating with multiple agencies.

My sources have said that the city is planning on shifting completely to Pal800 however there is no set date. I will update this when I learn more, however I am certain they are NOT testing or using the Pal800 at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.