Myrtle Beach area help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB513

I will be traveling to the Myrtle Beach area in July and have a few questions I was hoping some of you could help me out with. It would appear I'm mostly going to be monitoring trunk systems, not to many conventional frequencies.

Has Myrtle Beach Police/Fire made the switch from their own TRS to the Horry County TRS and if so is their any other reason to monitor their system any longer? Secondly, are their any simulcasted frequencies for Myrtle Beach/North Myrtle Beach or Horry County still in use?

It appears Surfside Beach is making a switch to the Horry County TRS a well. Have they completed this or will I need to program their system as well? Anything still simulcasted?

I also have the Palmetto 800 TRS programmed, mainly for the State Highway Patrol. Any suggestions on digital settings for BCD996T?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Ace809

well mark.....i know that the Myrtle Beach Police/Fire are on Horry TRS.....i have been listening to them getting dispacthed and so forth....however i dont know if they still simulcaste since i found it very useless to still scan the conventinal freqs in the Pee Dee/Grand Strand area of SC......i dont know much about sufside cause im not close enough to monitor them.......but be prepared when you come down that Horry County to me is a 24/7 non-talking machine......they are always always got something going on....hope this help.....if u need furtur let us know

Sam

Pro-528
Pro-433
Pro-164

dist24

myrtle beach help

Nmb Mb And Surfside Are On The Horry County Trs System

To Listen To Everything Going You Would Need A Seperate Scanner For Each
City But Then I Don't Think My Brain Could Handle All The Traffic

Most Every Thing Is Analog
You Won't Hear Much Of Anything On Uhf Vhf Freqs.

Schp Is All On Pal800 Dispatched From Florence

lugoffman

MarkB513 said:
I will be traveling to the Myrtle Beach area in July and have a few questions I was hoping some of you could help me out with. It would appear I'm mostly going to be monitoring trunk systems, not to many conventional frequencies.

Has Myrtle Beach Police/Fire made the switch from their own TRS to the Horry County TRS and if so is their any other reason to monitor their system any longer? Secondly, are their any simulcasted frequencies for Myrtle Beach/North Myrtle Beach or Horry County still in use?

It appears Surfside Beach is making a switch to the Horry County TRS a well. Have they completed this or will I need to program their system as well? Anything still simulcasted?

I also have the Palmetto 800 TRS programmed, mainly for the State Highway Patrol. Any suggestions on digital settings for BCD996T?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
I just went down there day before yesterday and they are very active on the trs cc. Like he said above they are always somthing going on there I have a file if you want me to send it to you to show you what it is i'm monitoring there MOST OF WHAT I HEARD WAS ON THE CONTROL CHANNEL 867.28750 and alot of fire and ems

dist24

M B Help

Another Thing - 25% Of All Calls Are Dispatched By Mdt (moblie Data Terminal). This Does Reduce A Lot Of Talking Especially For Horry County

evan

Database Admin
dist24 said:
Schp Is All On Pal800 Dispatched From Florence
While in Myrtle Beach last weekend, I noticed HP was being dispatched on the Horry County system. I could never get a strong enough Palmetto 800 signal to be able to see if there was any Horry HP activity on Palm800. Any locals know if this is a permanent thing or if they were just doing this during biker week for easier communication with local agencies?

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
evan said:
While in Myrtle Beach last weekend, I noticed HP was being dispatched on the Horry County system. I could never get a strong enough Palmetto 800 signal to be able to see if there was any Horry HP activity on Palm800. Any locals know if this is a permanent thing or if they were just doing this during biker week for easier communication with local agencies?

YES most definitely HORRY on Pal800 and yes you are correct they are still using the SCHP TGID's on the Horry TRS , funny you mentioned that , that is actually a very rare thing so I'm with you on that , may be just for the bike week - not really sure but that's would be a good conclusion in my opinion. Haven't heard them very much at all doing that until this week. If you programmed in the Conway site for Pal800 - I personally use the North Myrtle Beach site myself. HORRY/FLORENCE you'll hear on these TGID's (at least I do) , have a BCT15 file if you want to look at it , let me know I'll upload it for you. Here's the SCHP I hear (mostly) and I'm in LIttle River. OH and Surfside is definitely on the Horry TRS.

3824 MUSC AIR/EMS
3856 CH145 AIR GROUND
21616 CH 72 DPS-5
26704 HORRY INSURANCE ENFORCEMENT
29328 CH 70 HORRY FLORENCE (DISPATCH)
52432 CH 69 HORRY(TAC 10) (UNIT TO UNIT)

MarkB513

Myrtle Beach

Thanks again for all the info everyone is providing.

I don't see the talk groups for Surfside Fire/EMS listed, only police. Are they dispatched by Horry County or does anyone have those talk groups?

Can anyone share their digital settings for the Palmetto 800 TRS (assuming it's manually set) for the BCD996T?

Thanks....

evan

Database Admin
I noticed a new law enforcement TG on the Horry Co. system last weekend. It was something like 57XXX. I heard several traffic stops on 17 south. I admittedly didn't listen much while I was there. I was disappointed that my PSR500 performed very poorly in Myrtle Beach due to proximity to strong transmitters.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
evan said:
I noticed a new law enforcement TG on the Horry Co. system last weekend. It was something like 57XXX. I heard several traffic stops on 17 south. I admittedly didn't listen much while I was there. I was disappointed that my PSR500 performed very poorly in Myrtle Beach due to proximity to strong transmitters.

Evan do you have the whole TGID - I'd be interested in scoping that out mon. I've never heard a 5 digit 57xxx on the TRS - that would be interesting. The County uses a lot of 4 digit 5xxx for County stuff - "boring" , but anway if you happen to have that whole TGID , I listen quite often in the search mode myself.

also *hint - I-CALL has been "rocking and rolling" for this Bike Week. I found 15 new ID's in two days and I'm only talking maybe at most 4 hours of scanning.

(Evan just sent you a PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.