Gaffney/Union Control Channel Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpsu

Have gre 400 unit and pro 2053 when I program 868.4500 which is shown as control channel all I get is noise similar to jack hammer and channel just stays locked up. This can't be normal and being new to trunking I could sure use some input,Want to monitor the Union SC part of the patrol

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That is the control channel, it is going to sound like that. If you program your scanner properly for a trunking system, you will not hear that. Have you read the instructions for how to program them?

Here is an easier to read manual for the pro-2055, which is very close to the GSR-400 you have. This is for programming the system by hand.
http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/97/97.html

If you buy a cable, you can also use software to program both of those. win93 for the 2053 (it's free) and win97 for the 400 (free for 30 days to try, then I think it is $25).

Here is where you can get the software if you want to use your computer.
http://www.starrsoft.com/

gpsu

Thanks Grog for the links,but to answer if I've read the instructions for how to program them its yes several times for the GRE Pro-400 its as if the auto mute is non operational for control channel.
The pro 2053 unit I found was located close to some other electronic gear I have and was picking up stray signals so in moving that particular unit 6' away I now have a functional unit without the beat pattern and that scanner now shows it as Control.

The 2 GRE Pro 400's I am using at work do everything else I ask of them but that 1 freq is giving me the problem.

Again thanks for the help and links.

lugoffman

Have gre 400 unit and pro 2053 when I program 868.4500 which is shown as control channel all I get is noise similar to jack hammer and channel just stays locked up. This can't be normal and being new to trunking I could sure use some input,Want to monitor the Union SC part of the patrol

private message sent .....

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm not sure if the newer GRE models are the same as the older GRE-made RS models, but make sure you have the channel where you programmed the control channel frequency AND the bank set to MO or MOT mode.

gcr33

I just love private messages and a thread that tells people one was sent.

SHARE.

lugoffman

I just love private messages and a thread that tells people one was sent.

SHARE.

Lol !!! I normally send to those who have little post to let them know they got a private message just incase they dont know they have private messaging cause when I first signed up with rr I really didn't know we had private messaging . anyways Brian told him the same thing I did except letting him know software is a lot better way to go

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
GPSU - just to double-check, you are pushing the "scan" or "search" button after you key in the control frequency and select the mode ?

If you choose "scan," you will also need to have some talkgroups entered for the scanner to receive anything. In "search" mode, you'll receive all active talkgroups ... unless you lock them out.

gpsu

I select mode MOT then enter the freq 868.450 and then go to another bank and enter the alternate control freq then hit scan and the radio comes back to the 868.450 and just hangs there.I have entered some other control channels such as the Spartanburg and Newberry and they work fine its just this one 868.450 thats raising hell.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Make sure the mode does not change to FM or CT after you program it. Also make sure the bank the channel is in is set to MOT by pressing PROGRAM, TRUNK.

LarrySC

You should only here the controller in the MANUAL mode. The scanner does not trunk track in this mode. You must run in open mode to find ID's then enter them in ID memory then scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.