Lack's Beach Service - Lifeguards - Myrtle Beach - Horry County

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa3ysu

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been able to confirm the Lack's Lifeguard and beach services channel plan and/or frequencies for the 2008 season?

As of last year (2007 season), they were operating off of these Strand Communications repeaters:

464.050 / DPL411 - "Middle Area" lifeguards using an "L" callsign (confirmed in use in the Springmaid Pier area and may extend from 2nd Street south to the Springmaid Pier)

463.600 / ???? - This was reported to be used by the 'Southern Area" lifeguards using an "S" callsign (possibly in the area of the State Park and other campgrounds south of the Springmaid Pier)

I checked the FCC license files for Lack's and Strand Communications (who Lack's have used in the past) and did not find any new licenses since last year.

=====

KNFT883 - Lack's Beach Service Inc., 531 Robert Grissom Parkway, MB

461.400 Repeater at 1803 South Ocean Blvd, MB (no lifeguard activity reported on this freq)

463.675 Repeater at 1803 South Ocean Blvd, MB (no lifeguard activity reported on this freq)

=====

WNXX815 - Randy Lack, 531 Robert Grissom Parkway, MB

462.350 Repeater at 9800 Lake Drive, MB (no lifeguard activity reported on this freq)

463.525 Repeater at 9800 Lake Drive, MB (no lifeguard activity reported on this freq)

=====

WPJM268 - Lacks Outdoor Furniture, , 531 Robert Grissom Parkway, MB

463.675 Repeater at 4 KM from SC HWY 90 (no lifeguard activity reported on this freq)

=====

WPQD851 - Strand Communications

452.500 Repeater at 141 Grande Dunes Blvd., MB (no lifeguard activity reported on this freq)

461.150 Repeater at 141 Grande Dunes Blvd., MB (this freq was used in 2006 for middle area "L" Lifeguards with a DPL of 411 but no lifeguard activity reported in 2007)

464.050 Repeater at 141 Grande Dunes Blvd., MB (this freq was used in 2007 for middle area "L" Lifeguards with a DPL of 411)

=====

WPJI264 - Strand Communications

463.600 Repeater at 2007 South Ocean Blvd, MB (this freq was reported as in use for south area "S" Lifeguards)

=====

Kel

wa3ysu

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed for 2008:
464.050 / DPL411 - Repeater licensed at 141 Grande Dunes Blvd., MB - "Middle Area" lifeguards using an "L" callsign (confirmed in use in the Springmaid Pier area and may extend from 2nd Street south to the Springmaid Pier)

Confirmed for 2008:
463.600 / PL=123.0 - Repeater licensed at 2007 South Ocean Blvd, MB - "Southern Area" lifeguards using an "S" callsign (in the area of the State Park and other campgrounds south of the Springmaid Pier)

Confirmed for 2008:
461.150 / DPL411 - Repeater licensed at 141 Grande Dunes Blvd., MB - "Northern Area ???" - uncertain precisely where this area is, but it is definitely lifeguards and may be at the north end of Myrtle Beach. When a storm front was moving in they were discussing 'code red' conditions just the same as the "Middle Area" and "Southern Area" lifeguards were.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I sure wish the local guys would submit changes to the database for all the lifeguard stuff we out-of-towners find and/or ask for. We have quite a few threads out there asking where the lifeguards are.

I think this is the fist one to list all of the Lack's freqs.

Let's start by compilling a list in this thread.

Question for the local guys. Can someone list all of the lifeguard service providers in Horry county?

gcr33

The City of N. Myrtle Beach lifeguards are on the Horry Co. system. Listed as lifeguards under North Myrtle Beach. I found a "tac" channel 2 for them and submitted it. It was I believe the next tg up.

I love when people send "private" messages. I believe in sharing.

ocn29rsc

Beach Services, Ltd. covers both surfside beach and garden city and use a vhf repeater through coastcom.

152.3000 with a ctcss of 100.0.

I used to be 3rd in command there, I talked to them this summer and they confirmed they are still there.

J. Cody

hntsgt

There are no lifegaurds in Georgetown County except for a few at Huntington Beach State Park. I don't know what freq they are on, sorry.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
SCORE: Lack's 1, Sunbathers 0

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/244/story/140926.html

Sunbather run over by lifeguard in S.C.

Tourists are warned to stay off certain areas of the sand: ‘There are pretty visible tracks.'
By Claudia Lauer
(Myrtle Beach) Sun News
Posted: Thursday, Aug. 21, 2008

MYRTLE BEACH A Tennessee tourist was injured this week after a Myrtle Beach lifeguard ran her over with his truck while she was sunbathing face-down on the beach, police said.

Kelly Brauner, 25, was hit by a Lack's Beach Service vehicle Tuesday as the lifeguard turned to leave the beach, Myrtle Beach police spokesman David Knipes said. Brauner, who was alert and talking after the incident, was taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center with minor injuries.

Charges will not be pressed.

In August 2004, a 22-year-old Virginia woman was run over by a North Strand Beach Services Jeep, sustaining minor burns from the muffler. No one was charged in that incident.

Myrtle Beach police Lt. Doug Furlong said the last incident he remembered in Myrtle Beach was more than 15 years ago, and no one was killed in the incident.

Myrtle Beach City spokesman Mark Kruea said that there are certain areas that beachgoers should stay away from for safety reasons.

“The lifeguard service vehicles do move up and down the beach as they work, so when you pick a spot do be conscious that there are some areas where the vehicles are travelling. There are pretty visible tracks,” he said.

There are also emergency access points where Myrtle Beach Police Beach Patrol often enter the beach to check for emergencies or for regular patrols that people are encouraged to avoid. Those areas are marked by signs.

hamtiger

Premium Subscriber
2011 Update

Beach Services, Ltd. covers both surfside beach and garden city and use a vhf repeater through coastcom.

152.3000 with a ctcss of 100.0.

I used to be 3rd in command there, I talked to them this summer and they confirmed they are still there.

J. Cody

In case anyone's interested, I just spent a week at Surfside/GC and the freq above is still good for Beach Services / Ocean Rescue Lifeguards. Heard plenty of traffic on the Lacks and Strand Comm freq's in this thread as well. Didn't have any problems with any other Horry County database information either -- all seemed very accurate.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Can you verify the information in RRDB? Businesses Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I have Lack's North and South backwards from what is currently listed. I seem to be matching the message in this thread timestamped 08-07-2008 01:19 PM. I am unable to determine if RRDB is correct or that message and I are correct. Unable, for another 4 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes plus drive time, that is. :)

hamtiger

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, but since I wasn't in Lacks' coverage area, I wouldn't have known if the north or south channel tags were accurate. All I heard was lifeguard activity on those channels but wouldn't be able to classify it by region.

Shawnlin20

Premium Subscriber
Its 2014 and the Lacks thread hasn't been updated in a while. I've noticed that a few of the Lacks frequencies are expired. Does anyone in the MB area have any updated info for the lifeguards in the Myrtle Beach area?

ocn29rsc

Lacks is still there and operating.... Lacks north operates on strand coms repeater and so does Lacks south, how ever on the south just went digital. Lacks city still using 463.675.

rlindsay

I can confirm that there is no longer a repeater active at the 1803 S Ocean Blvd location. Antenna is there, but no repeater.

Shawnlin20

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate it. I'll be down next week and wanted to listen. Someone told me today there are several beach lifeguard companies. Does anyone know the freqs for the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.