Easley Fire Dpt and Pickens County

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

I occasionally hear Easley FD talking to the the county dispatchers on the Easley FD 154.145 frequency. The last time I talked to the Comm Service Center about adding another radio to the county system, I was told that there were no open slots on the interface board. A new board apparently is very expensive. So can Easley patch through to Pickens County using the Pal 800 backbone or did someone buy a new I/O board?
All this began when the new Crosswell Fire Department came on line with dual dispatch for a while.

Bob

haslerrep

Easley had their frequency added to the Pickens dispatch since they run most of the calls with Croswell. From what I heard it was to make it faster to dispatch them as opposed to Pickens county having to call Easley PD. I think they have gone back to Easley PD dispatching all calls for the FD but Pickens still monitors to give info and aid with dispatch.

rescuecomm

That is what I was thinking they had done. I hear the county dispatch Croswell pretty regularly on the 151.340 frequency. I am going to look up some boundaries on the fire districts if I can find them. It seems that Easley runs further north and east than the city limits go. There must be another contract area northeast of town.

Bob

rescuecomm

The map is interesting. By the way, if you are in Picken's County, I noticed a new mobile only frequency added to the Picken's County Sheriff office. It is 453.8875 and is listed for 4 watt mobile only at 100 units. In car repeaters maybe or a tactical channel, I don't know.

Bob

JohnSc1

I'm trying to figure out what happened to Pickens County Sherrif. I have not monitored them for a while, but now I have an interest to listen in again, but when I turned their programmed frequencies back on, I hear nothing. I am not finding any information saying they changed, but I've been listening for a week and not heard the first call. I hear Easley units saying they are talking to them, but I never hear the county units. Does anyone have an updated frequency list?

firefighter89

I'm trying to figure out what happened to Pickens County Sherrif. I have not monitored them for a while, but now I have an interest to listen in again, but when I turned their programmed frequencies back on, I hear nothing. I am not finding any information saying they changed, but I've been listening for a week and not heard the first call. I hear Easley units saying they are talking to them, but I never hear the county units. Does anyone have an updated frequency list?
They are still active on 460.450

Status
Not open for further replies.