P-25 in Beaufort County

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpalmer

Looks like the new P-25 digital is up and running in Beaufort County. As of this date Beaufort CityPD is there. I do not currently have a digital scanner so I cannot go any further. I will note that there was talk of encrypting law enforcement.
So far the Fire and EMSs analog paging is still active. Beaufort Sheriff is still on analog as of this writing

The CC is still 857.4375

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
bpalmer--
I take it you are saying that the transformation of the existing Beaufort Co Motorola system from analog to p25 is what you are referring to?
I really need to head down to my family beach house on Harbor Island
for a vacation so I can run one of my Trunked system decoder setups and get a full layout of any and all changes. I just have to wait for a little while longer and make it
through a few more weeks of work :cool:
Thanks bpalmer for the scoop.
I look forward to relaxin' with beers in one hand and radios in the other
while getting a tan! :D
Marshall KE4ZNR

bpalmer

Yes Beaufort County TRS analog is moving to a P-25 system. The transformation has been on going for a few weeks, with mostly public works on digital. I think they had a big problem requiring, at least . City and Port Royal police to turn in all radios and gear a week or two ago. This Wednesday I caught dispatcher's telling units to go digital and then silence on my Pro 97 radio, on City PD TG.
Enjoy harbor island and the bird santuary. I think their security is on Nextel.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Billy! Next time I am down towards Harbor Island/Beaufort I will let you know and see if we can't do lunch and talk radio geek stuff. :)
We have had the family beach house for some years now and I always love relaxing down there and getting away from work.
Of course I Will bring the needed radios & laptops to Harbor Island to do some Trunked System Control Channel monitoring so we can get the database entry updated.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

bpalmer

THat works for me. I have .

Hopeful by the end of the weekend I can find a useful TG. Meanwhile as of this morning all sheriff and all Fire departments are still analog

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
Its for sure all City PD's in Beaufort County are on the P-25, I cant help any further for TGID's and such until I also can go digital. Fire/Rescue and Sheriff, along with Yemassee PD are still on analog for now. I am trying my contacts in EMD to find out if everyone will go to P25. I know Fire/Rescue just went through re-band programming a few months back so I dont know how quick they might change over. It cost them all quite a pile of $$$ for the re-programming. I will update as I can find out.

bpalmer

Finally,
Beaufrt City PD is on TG 614 and in the clear on the P-25.
Aside from some public works most public safety are not on it at the moment. Eventually all Beaufort County Public safety will be on the system. there had been talk of encryption.

I have had time enough to find anymore at the moment .According to a county council member, Beaufort County has sunk no less then 12 million and more like 16 million into the P-25 system..

Even though Beaufort COunty boughbt and paid for the system, it is part of the statewide Project 25 and info can be found on that page in the data base

Will add Bluffton PD at TG 638

More later ject

Last edited:

bpalmer

A couple TG's have been posted to the SC Project 25 in the Database,. Does not look like it will grow very fast as most public safety agencies are still on Bft Co TRS analor

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
BCSD now on Digital

As of 1200 today BCSO went to digital. Other than BJWSA and Fire Ems and a very small few groups most are on digital now. I still can not help with TGID's as the Mrs wont let me buy a new scanner until I have sold my analogs first.LOL!!

bpalmer

The new TG's such as they are have been submitted to RR for inclusion in the DB.
City PD 614
Bluffton PD 638
North Sheriff 598
South Sheriff 604

All are main dispatch

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Beaufory County

Billly and All,

For Billy 1st Sorry I missed your calls I have been painting my house and renovating on my annual leave week.

2nd Beaufort County called and said they are dropping the tower behind Shell Point Elementary as its leaning and not safe....

bpalmer

Donald So much for a back up tower. for the conventionals. I home if you want to call.

CMLEWIS Sorry I have no idea what that C4FM IMBE. As far as I know this is a standard P-25 system
Useing Motorola radios. I believe IMBE is the VoCoder that Motorola uses. Maybe Brian, Donald or someoneelsemight know

Last edited:

afd3350

Beaufort County

I believe that Beaufort was a simulcast cell on the P-25 network and if that's correct, they are using LSM modulation. They are also using the IMBE vocoders and very soon will be using the IMBE+2 vocoders for TDMA trunking. Hopefully that helps a little on the technical side.

afd3350

TDMA Trunking

As far as I know there is no way to scan a TDMA trunking system yet. I have a very limited amount of knowledge about the current scanner hardware but from what I understand there is no scanner that can be upgraded. The limitation seems to be in the hardware of the current devices and a receiver redesign is in order. I can tell you that my current device struggles to decode the P25 simulcast because of phasing issues and the lack of error correction in the device.

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
AFD thanks. That is a confirmation to what I was reading then. Bft has been slow to move people to this P-25 maybe they will be even slower to go to FDMA trunking so the manu's will get time to catch up. I hate buying new stuff every couple of years. LOL!! ZI meant to TDMA trunking.

bpalmer

Beaufort County is a five site simulcast system, with high band paging frequencies for paging fire and EMS I am not able to confirm or deny TDMA, but since this is part of the state wide system it would be odd for only Beaufort County to be on TDMA. I also think that since TDMA is a cell phone standard a new scanner for the P-25 Phase two TDMA would be fairly easy to build.

legosrule7

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed the following TGs with PRO96:
615, 618, 626, 628, 720, 728, 770

Going by radio IDs I think that TG 616 is a Beaufort PD TAC and 640 is a Bluffton PD TAC

Thanks to all the other Beaufort Co. posters for all the info

Status
Not open for further replies.