Has anyone heard ANYTHING about when Charleston PD will go digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDelta10

I'm purposely not buying that Uniden cable I need to update the firmware so their current analog system won't skip around transmissions like crazy because I'm waiting for them to abandon that system and go to the P25 digital system. Has anyone heard ANYTHING at all?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I haven't heard anything about Charleston PD, but I'd recommend you go ahead and get the cable you need.

evan

Database Admin
Charleston City on P25

Sounds like Charleston PD, FD, and parking enforcement may have switched to P25 for good. They have been using the digital system all day and lots of new TGs are popping up.

Buses, animal control, etc remain on the analog system right now.

Alphadelta10-don't fret if you bought the programming cable, I still think it's a good investment and you will love programming the P25 system by computer! :)

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
was at their center today, they just went live with a new CAD, they were using 4 different cads between the different agencies however they are consolidating onto one new cad. I believe they were working on the radios and cad projects simultaneously. Lot more are going to be switching over digital this year and next, i've starting selling most of my analog radios. will probably keep one BCT15 and everything else digital only, hopefully most will stay in the clear...

evan

Database Admin
As far as I can tell, PD is using the same channel designators they used on the analog system. FD however, is using the Charleston County incident channels when they respond on calls. They have mostly been using incident 4 and incident 5. I'm curious what the process is for assigning incident channels.

bpalmer

As to assignments, I can't comment on Chs County, but here in Beaufort County all civilian departments save one have two. Fripp Island FD, being so small with so few incidents only has one and Dafuskie Island shares with Hilton Head. The idea appears to be that everyone knows where to go on their incidents but allows all departments to work on the appropriate channel during mutual aid

vinzep491

I'm confused.

Are they in the process of going to the Chars Co TRS, or Palmetto 800?

bpalmer

It appears that most all Public Safety in Charleston County including the City of Charleston is moving to the Palmetto Project 25 Digital system. Look for Project 25 in the data base.

Palmetto Project 25 covers Charleston, Anderson and Beaufort Counties at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.