My Beaufort Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemay

Someone in plain engish help me with this please. All the frequencies started acting up a few days before they all just went dead,,,,now the only active frequencies are the old fire and ems Dispatch stuff. I have set my scanner to search and cant find anything active nowhere. Did Beaufort move there frequencies again to some secret location my scanner wont go or what. Ive tried some stuff here but i really dont understand the format of this website at all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not user friendly at all and i hate it. Why cant people just keep things simple. RR has made this site way too confusing for me to even try to find an answer and I'm not going to waste my time looking.Lets keep everything as simple as we can here ,,,,,,,,,,,,If you think you know whats going on with the frequencies or know where they are ,have a list of them please just email me at davemay29906@yahoo.com or scanningbft@yahoo.com. If i cant get this up and running by monday or so i'll be forced to delete my profile and be the feed provider and just let someone else here in Beaufort worry about it. In other words there wont be a feed for beaufort anymore .
Thanks and i hope to hear for someone soon: Dave

davemay

Well most of what i just read i dont understand at all ,,,but i take it my 2 handheld scanners wont pick up whatever it is you guys are calling all that stuff . So if i want to braod my feed i need to buy a new digital scanner is the bottom line?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Help us help you by providing some information about your current set-up:
-What exact agencies are you trying to carry on your feed?
-What scanner model are you currently using for your feed?
-What frequencies and talkgroups is your feed scanner currently scanning?

Beaufort County has activated a new DIGITAL radio system. Currently, Beaufort Co SO, Beaufort City PD, Port Royal PD, some local DPW and maybe some other agencies have switched to this new system. In order to carry any of those agencies on your feed, you will require a recent DIGITAL-capable scanner.

At this time, Fire and EMS are still using the analog trunked system, the system they've always used. The control channels for that system may have changed as they have "stolen" some system frequencies from the analog system to use with the new DIGITAL system. A simple reprogramming of that control system should get you back to scanning Fire and EMS and other agencies that have not yet switched, assuming those frequencies changed. Perhaps someone local can confirm that the analog system still uses 857-860.2125 for control channels.

It's unknown how long this will last, before Fire, EMS and others switch from the old analog system to the DIGITAL system. I'd guess a matter of weeks rather than months. At that point, about all you will be able to hear without a DIGITAL scanner will be the VHF tone-outs for FD/EMS, assuming they maintain those channels.

Save up.

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
Brian is correct Dave. All Bft Co Law enforcement has gone digital. It is very spotty and the techs are working on it everyday. The P-25 digital system stole 1 control freq. 857.02125. Bft also does not rotate control channels daily anymore like they used to. The rest of the county that you still hear on the analog system will remain there for awhile until Motorola gets the kinks and black holes worked out of the digital system. Its looking right now like it will be a couple of months. Everyone has purchased the new radios so they can switch when the system is ironed out. They were talking about setting up i-call for the radios for fire and ems so then the VHF paging system would go to but ai never got to follow up on that issue. Like Brain said save up and go digital. If you are in the Beaufort proper area you will even be able to monitor Chas cty on digital.

Chris

SCPD

QRT
Shell Point Elementary site down

The conventional stuff on the elementary tower is out due to a power failure. I was down there today and I can say their next step is total migration to the Palmetto P25 System and the disassembly of the current analog system. i understand some parts from the old system have already been transfered to other agencies. Thats all I can say.............I did enjoy a tour of their dispatch center

bpalmer

Correction on the digital control channel. It is 857.4375 (well with rebanding it is slightly different). 857.2125 is currently the only analog CC for the the analog side.

More info in the data base under project 25 .

Status
Not open for further replies.