Looking for Freq File for Charleston Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Hi there. I travel with a BC-396T and Butel Arc Pro and FreeScan. I am hoping one of you kind people might already have a Charleston area file in .MEM or almost any other format that I could upload into my radio before the trip. I am most interested in Emergency Services, but also Federal, Military and Aviation give the strong Mil presence there.
I am a RR Premium subscriber and I know I can pull some of this down, but if someone has a file that'd be great. A post and attachment here or a PM here is fine, or email at pwscott [AT] gmail -dot- com

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Hi there. I travel with a BC-396T and Butel Arc Pro and FreeScan. I am hoping one of you kind people might already have a Charleston area file in .MEM or almost any other format that I could upload into my radio before the trip. I am most interested in Emergency Services, but also Federal, Military and Aviation give the strong Mil presence there.
I am a RR Premium subscriber and I know I can pull some of this down, but if someone has a file that'd be great. A post and attachment here or a PM here is fine, or email at pwscott [AT] gmail -dot- com

I just emailed my 3 .mem files i used on my 396 when i went to charleston a couple months ago...

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Thanks and Beach Info

I have the files and will check them out shortly.

If someone wants to suggest a beach to hit on a weekday afternoon to get some ocean swimming in I'd appreciate any suggestions. I thought I might drive to Sullivan's Island from the hotel I'm staying in near the CHS airport....about 30 minutes right?? Beaches are public right?

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I have the files and will check them out shortly.

If someone wants to suggest a beach to hit on a weekday afternoon to get some ocean swimming in I'd appreciate any suggestions. I thought I might drive to Sullivan's Island from the hotel I'm staying in near the CHS airport....about 30 minutes right?? Beaches are public right?

beaches are public, parking is here and there some places for free, folly beach is pretty ok, not many people, there is another beach with outdoor restrooms/showers but can't remember the name, only costs a couple bucks...

Mdragon77

Haven't been to Sullivan's, but Isle of Palms (IOP) is easy to get to from Airport. Get on 526 (Mark Clark Expressway) West? towards Mt Pleasant, get off on 17 North then hit IOP connector after a couple of miles. Public parking with facilities straight ahead on left once you get on the Island and go through the light. Metered parking and additional public lots (facilities also) if you head right after you pass public parking entrance on the left. In afternoon u may find a street side spot. $1 per hour at meters...bring bills, Otherwise $5.

Folly Beach is nice too, local. Plenty of free street side parking Not as straight-forward to get to..best to have a GPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.