DOT Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warthog1

Silent Key
Do the SC DOT police at the scale houses have their own frequencies, or are they on the Palmetto system ?

Thank you

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
That's the SC Transport Police (STP), which is a division of the SC Department of Public Safety (SC DPS). They have talkgroups on the Palmetto 800 system, listed in the SCHP Troop talkgroup groups on the database page, but they aren't used much. If they initiate a traffic stop, they communicate with the SCHP Radio Room via the SCHP Dispatch channel for that county. I believe the unit numbers begin with X.

Warthog1

Silent Key
Thank You. I was just curious about that one. My daughter lives a couple of miles from one of the scale houses on I 85 and I just sent her a scanner that does 800. Are there still many analog talkgroups on Palmetto, or are they doing all digital ?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'd say it's about half and half at this point. Most state agencies like SCHP, SCEMD, SC DHEC are analog, as are a lot o the original county/local users - Lexington Co FD/EMS, Richland Co SD/EMS/ Columbia FD, Spartanburg SD and EMS, SCE&G, etc. Many of the agencies that have joined more recently are digital.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Anderson County is just about completely digital for police communications. I believe County Fire and EMS are still VHF analog. Oconee County is pretty much all analog on VHF and UHF. The only analog you'll hear in these areas on the Palmetto 800 system is SCHP and other state agencies, and maybe a medical transport service or two.

mully95

Anderson County is just about completely digital for police communications. I believe County Fire and EMS are still VHF analog. Oconee County is pretty much all analog on VHF and UHF. The only analog you'll hear in these areas on the Palmetto 800 system is SCHP and other state agencies, and maybe a medical transport service or two.

Yep,,, just about 100% digital. My mom has a old analog scanner and still gets EMS, Sheriff, any multicasting. I have my scanner set at digital only scanning P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.