Columbia PD/Richland County SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinzep491

Hey All. I was checking out the Richland County wiki, and I'm noticing that alot of the signals and codes for cpd/rcsd are incorrect.

Does anyone have an updated or more accurate list? I'm trying to figure some of them out as I hear them, but it's a long process.

Thanks, happy scanning,

Vince

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
CPD and RCSD Codes are the same, I corrected all the ones on the CPD wiki as best to my memory, I will fill in the rest this week....

Mdragon77

I'm still very new at this but learning. The Columbia PD Signal list on the Richland County Wiki page is the list I've been using for the past few months. What is out there now matches my list, but there have to have been some changes. Is there a way to verify the codes?

I monitor RCSD, and here are some examples of what I've heard:

One of the most common signal codes I hear is signal 30. This evening I heard several officers call in: "Show me signal 30 at Richland Northeast HS." There is a big basketball game tonight. Signal 30 is listed as rape, and it's often associated with a school. It cant be rape.

Officer: "Show me signal 33 at Clemson and Two Notch" Signal 33 listed as Armed Robbery.

The other night I heard a call go out "Caller is a relative and says the person lives at xxxx and is threatening to signal 12 with a 10-58 (gun)". Signal 12 is listed as No Information available. I'm guessing the person was threatening suicide.

Also, what is the difference between a 10 code and signal code? Why are both used? Do the police prefer to keep these codes secret?

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I'm still very new at this but learning. The Columbia PD Signal list on the Richland County Wiki page is the list I've been using for the past few months. What is out there now matches my list, but there have to have been some changes. Is there a way to verify the codes?

I monitor RCSD, and here are some examples of what I've heard:

One of the most common signal codes I hear is signal 30. This evening I heard several officers call in: "Show me signal 30 at Richland Northeast HS." There is a big basketball game tonight. Signal 30 is listed as rape, and it's often associated with a school. It cant be rape.

Officer: "Show me signal 33 at Clemson and Two Notch" Signal 33 listed as Armed Robbery.

The other night I heard a call go out "Caller is a relative and says the person lives at xxxx and is threatening to signal 12 with a 10-58 (gun)". Signal 12 is listed as No Information available. I'm guessing the person was threatening suicide.

Also, what is the difference between a 10 code and signal code? Why are both used? Do the police prefer to keep these codes secret?

10 Codes are generic codes that are for the most part standard across all agencies.
Signal Codes are agency specific created to meet the agencies needs

Sig30 is Special/Off Duty Assignment
Sig33 means, I am a closer Unit and Responding, Cancel other unit
Sig12 means Suicide. Gun should be 10-59, I think 10-58 is Riot, but I do not have my list with me.

Mdragon77

Thanks Caesar, that makes sense. And yes, I typed 10-58 but I meant 10-59 (gun).

So are the signal codes for RCSD different from CPD?

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Caesar, that makes sense. And yes, I typed 10-58 but I meant 10-59 (gun).

So are the signal codes for RCSD different from CPD?

No, in this case since they consolidated the signals are the same for both of them, the SIg12 Suicide is actually the EMS Signal but they are all just familiar with it.

vinzep491

Hmmm... thanks for the info Ceasar.

You seem to be the guy with all the good info around here. ! :)

How long have ya been monitoring the midlands?

Last edited:

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm... thanks for the info Ceasar.

You seem to be the guy with all the good info around here. ! :)

How long have ya been monitoring the midlands?

I started when Lex Co SD was still in the clear, on Analog, on UHF! lol. I was more into CBs in the early 90s, got my ham ticket in 1997 and started really getting into scanning around 95, but once i hit college in 2001 i dropped all scanning, ham radio, everything until around 2005 when I got a Pro-83 for christmas, lol

vinzep491

Oh wow... lol.

Yeah I'm somewhat new to it, with only a few years under my belt.

When did LSD change to DIG ENG, just curious? I bet that was a sad day.

VZ491

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Oh wow... lol.

Yeah I'm somewhat new to it, with only a few years under my belt.

When did LSD change to DIG ENG, just curious? I bet that was a sad day.

VZ491

wow, i really can't remember, lol. i got out of scanning about time people starting switching to Scana's new trunking system....

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
It's been more than 10 years. I started back into scanning about 13 years ago with my first truck-tracking scanner and data slicer/trunker combo, and I think LCSD was encrypyted at that time. I don't ever remember them not being encrypted.

vinzep491

Geeze... so they jumped on the bandwagon early in the game.

What a load of Bull*****.... Sorry excuse my language...

;]

Status
Not open for further replies.