Not open for further replies.

JRayfield

7K60FXE is used for MOTOTRBO voice.
7K60FXD is used for MOTOTRBO data.

It breaks down like this:

Necessary Bandwidth: 7K60 = 7.60 khz
Type of Modulation of the Main Carrier) - F = Frequency Modulation
Nature of Signal Modulating the Carrier - X = Cases Not Otherwise Covered
Type of Information to be Transmitted) - E = Telephony and D = Data, Telemetry, Telecommand, etc.

John Rayfield, Jr. - CETma

Can you define the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Emission Designators for 7K-60F-XE ??

Parker Mototrbo

Looks like Parker FD has a new UHF repeater. I haven't heard any activity on it yet. Possibly going with MotoTRBO? It's got emission code 7K60FXE listed.

FCC Callsign WQMA238 Details

This is correct. Parker District is migrating to UHF and they are on the Mototrbo system. To my knowledge when they fully migrate over, they will be toned down on the analog side of the mototrbo repeater, and all other traffic will be conducted on the digital side.

Parker UHF

In addition to my last comment, I should have added this:

Parker is already utilizing the digital side of their mototrbo system. They are still toning on the VHF system they've had for years, but the apparatus are going in route on the digital channel. Not sure, put they may possibly be simulcasting during this transition.

evan

Database Admin
Unbelievable. Just when I thought the interoperability between FDs couldn't get any worse someone goes and gets mototrbo.

LarrySC

Parkers primary system for the past 9 years has been the Mortorola-1 [Winchester] system on Paris Mtn. The VHF was a simulcast, however, they kept all VHF units in operation as a backup and tested them appx twice a week. Parker and Berea both used the Winchester system for about the same length of time but Parker would never would allow a mutual aid 800 talk group. When the state of SC is pushing for agencys to have a common communications link you would think PAL800 would be good enough and even if they were digital would be OK. Some think the PAL800 cost too much, even for one [1] tower. Yellow Cab and Greenville Memorial Hospital have also selected Mototrbo Digital mode. Its my understanding that both really got upset when they discovered that someone was monitoring them with a scanner. It's just a Motorola THING. If they dont push the sale of new products they may be out of work. Just another day in the big city. They are still toning out on VHF. They are still testing units on 800 at 8:AM time check. It's only a matter of time before we know if we are all in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.