Palmetto 800 Mutual Aid 8, Firefighter Mobilization activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Is anyone else catching the activity on SC Mutual Aid 8 (29776) and Firefighter Mobilization (56176) on Palmetto 800 this week? It's been going on for a couple of days now. This morning I heard some local fire engine crews check in and state they were in route to Columbia. I assume it's some sort of drill and that it's not limited to the upstate. Anyone know?

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
It is in reference to the fallen firefighter last weekend on I-20. We are holding his funeral today and crews from around the state are coming to fill in during the funeral. We will have about 15 CFD trucks out of service for the funeral and they will all be traveling through downtown Columbia from forest Dr to Irmo area around 2-3pm today.

nozzle75

Premium Subscriber
Ceasar:

Words cannot express my thoughts on the loss of a brother FF. And to you guys at CFD, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I had to stay in the upstate and I must admit, I'm glad I didn't have to hear the last call. You guys stay safe down there and know we're in it with you!!

hntsgt

I would also like to express my sorrow and offer condolences to the members of the Columbia FD & firefighters across the state on your loss. A terrible tragedy resulting in the loss of a young man taken way too soon. Also, a speedy recovery to the second injured firefighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.