pro 106 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have just purchased my new pro 106 and i have it up and running and it seems to be doing good but im having troble figureing out how to seperate the different trunked systems right now its scanning all of them i live in florence but im here in lexington and im hearing all of the area sites such as richland lexington and harrbision all at the same time what i would like to do is set all of these into seperate scan lists or banks as they used to be called i would like to set it up like i had it on my pro 96 like darlington tower on bank 0 and lee site on bank 1 and florence county system on bank 2 and so on if anyone could help me with this i would greatly appreciate it im having to do this manually this old computer doesnt handle downloading anything well so i dont have any of the win 500/600 software but anyway any help on how to set this up would be great thanks again

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
i would like to set it up like i had it on my pro 96 like darlington tower on bank 0 and lee site on bank 1 and florence county system on bank 2 and so on if anyone could help me with this i would greatly appreciate it im having to do this manually this old computer doesnt handle downloading anything well so i dont have any of the win 500/600 software but anyway any help on how to set this up would be great thanks again
If you had Win500 + cable 20-047 or 20-546 you could suck the data directly out of Pro-96 PC/IF port into Win500. Win500 will allow you to set programing exactly as it comes in bank by bank and you would chose scanlist 01 through 10. then after sending data to the 106 simply toggle numbers like you would with the 96.

BTW, PSREdit will also convert data from the 96 PC/IF port.

Otherwise, try one of the two links below.

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki

LarrySC

If you had a friend------they could put WIN500 or whatever on their computer and let you have access once in a while. Otherwise you will soon be in the state mental hospital. Good Luck.

thanks for the info it is confuseing i have tried to do it the way the manual says but i cant seem to get it to it do that way i tell ya im about to give up and juat find me another pro 96 that one is alot easier to program

wise871

Database Admin
How come you don't just download Win500 from a friend and put it on a disk or USB drive. Everyone has a computer these days. If you can't download the program, what about someone emailing it to you. Is your computer that bad were nothing is open? If my computer was that bad, I would be reloading windows.

that would be great if you could email it to me i sent you a private message with my email in it im messing with the scanner now and its about to drive me crazy i cant get it to seperate anything

thanks to all who helped me with the programimg of my pro 106 i have everything seperated and its seems to be working pretty good now if only i can figure out how to do my talkgroups to where i can operate it in like what would be in closed mode on my pro 96

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
thanks to all who helped me with the programimg of my pro 106 i have everything seperated and its seems to be working pretty good now if only i can figure out how to do my talkgroups to where i can operate it in like what would be in closed mode on my pro 96
You are in Closed Mode unless you assigned a (Group) or (Private) Wildcard Object to a TSYS,

LarrySC

If you use WIN500 and join WIN500 Yahoo Groups you can look at some sample programs. You learn more by looking than any other way. And your brain will tell you---Hey that looks easy.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.