MedTrans consolidated dispatch center

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
MedTrans, the company that operates medical helocopters in Spartanburg (Regional One), Greenville (GHS MedTrans) and Anderson (AnMed Lifeflight) will open a consolidated dispatch center this week, specifically at 7am tomorrow (Dec. 29). I think the center is located in Greenville. I don't have any details on possible radio changes - how they'll be alerted and how they'll communicate with their dispatchers. I would guess they'll all three share the MedTrans talkgroup. I've heard Regional One day discussing radio reprogramming. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Anyone with additional information, please post.

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
Brian,
For the past several months, AnMed Lifeflight has been using TG 41031 on the Palmetto P-25 system in Anderson. Thanks for the info abou the consolidated dispatch. I will listen for any changes.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Yesterday I heard reference from Regional One, who operated on both the "Spartan Air" talkgroup (30064) and the MedTrans One talkgorup (38368), to their new dispatch (FlightComm) about a VHF channel as well as a paging channel. Could be one in the same channel, but I couldn't tell based on the context.

They aren't using any Spartanburg County VHF freqs from what I can tell, and I didn't see any new license grants in the last several months for Greenville County that might be theirs (I'm assuming this center is located in Greenville).

Any further information is appreciated.

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Group,

I have been able to monitor Regional One, MedTrans One, and LifeFlight on the Pal 800 system.

Question:
Is there a list of frequencies that is used when they communicate with the EMS / Fire units that requested the Helo.

Example: I have heard LifeFlight (Anderson) called to assist Abbeville EMS but have not heard the commo between the helo and ground unit.

Also, is there a frequency or talk group used to call in patient report while in route. (Not sure if they even do this)

Thanks,
TigerScan

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Group,

I have been able to monitor Regional One, MedTrans One, and LifeFlight on the Pal 800 system.

Question:
Is there a list of frequencies that is used when they communicate with the EMS / Fire units that requested the Helo.

When they commucate with the LZ (Fire/EMS Unit) they the Fire Channel like for Regional one in Spartanburg/Greer SC Area They used the Fire Dispatch channel 2 154.025

Example: I have heard LifeFlight (Anderson) called to assist Abbeville EMS but have not heard the commo between the helo and ground unit. They could been on the Abberville EMS Freq.

Also, is there a frequency or talk group used to call in patient report while in route. (Not sure if they even do this) Regional one uses 155.340 when communcate with the Hospital. and i would belive Med Trans may used the GHS med channel on UHF channel. and Lifefilight they may used 155.340 or what ever hospital channel Anderson Hospital uses.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Yep, these guys are correct. These helicopters have the ability to communicate on pretty much anyone's channels, whether VHF, UHF or trunked. Most of the operational communications for things like location reports are carried on the MedTrans talkgroup, 38368. It seems like Regional 1 in Spartanburg is notified using that talkgroup, because you will hear an alert tone before they are dispatched. I can't say I've heard that for MedTrans 1 or LifeFlight calls. I suspect there are different notification methods for each. There has been mention of a MedTrans VHF frequency, but I don't know what that is. Lifeflight is also using talkgroups on the Palmetto P25 system. Yesterday, Regional 1 used the Spartanburg Air-Ground talkgroup 30064 to coordinate with USC-Upstate security officers on a landing zone for a PR visit at the campus.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
another side note to Brian post while Regional 1 was at USCU yesterday i heard the Flightcomm tell Regional 1 crew to standby for a UNION County SC Call. but they got standdown.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I caught a VHF frequency that Regional One was performing a radio check with MTC FlightComm this afternoon. It's 151.505 with a DPL of 072. In a quick search, I don't see a license in SC or NC for it, but I may have missed it.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Probably so, Larry. And it's definitely simplex, not repeated. I didn't get to the frequency soon enough to hear Flightcomm talk back. I assume The MTC dispatch center is located in Greenville somewhere, so they must have some remote base transmitter here in Spartanburg. More monitoring is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.