National Guard Exercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamtiger

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Nat'l Guard traffic on Palmetto 800 TG 15760 yesterday and today. They're picking up doctors around the Greenville area. Anyone know what's up? (I'm located in Greenville County).

Using callsigns like NG1, NG2, Command, etc. (sometimes saying "National Guard 1" instead of the abbreviation).

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
The SC National Guard was activated to assist the state and counties with operations related to the winter weather. In Spartanburg, they were operating large tow trucks helping to remove stranded vehicles (including 18-wheelers) from the interstate. In Spartanburg, they were checking in on TG 48880.

Additionally, SC DNR has been helping SCHP on the interstates for the last few days. They're working off of the regular SCHP talkgroups. Not sure if they're issued Palmetto 800 radios just for this event or if they are equipped with Palmetto 800 radions (mobile and portable) all the time.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Yes Nat. Guard is assisting in many ways including transportation for doctors and nurses to and from the Hospitals and their homes...

LarrySC

The ID's 15744/15760/36720 are in this RR database as National Disaster Medical and on page 7 of the Upstate Scanner Frequency Directory sub listed as Greenville Memorial Hospital.

hamtiger

Premium Subscriber
The ID's 15744/15760/36720 are in this RR database as National Disaster Medical and on page 7 of the Upstate Scanner Frequency Directory sub listed as Greenville Memorial Hospital.

Thanks for the info guys. Haven't heard the other TG's (15744 and 36720) today. Larry, I'm apparently looking in the wrong place on the RR DB, because 15744 is the only one of the 3 freqs you mentioned that I see in the Pal800 TG listing (and I had it programmed). Can you please post a link where the others are mentioned so I'll know where to look next time?

Thanks guys!

LarrySC

I went back and doubled checked both my directory and the database. 15760 is in my directory but not in the database. Must have picked that up from someones post. The 36720 is the same situation. I dont have a clue at this time. I've had these in my scanner since 2009 and in the directory as of May 1st of 2010.

hamtiger

Premium Subscriber
Gotcha, thanks Larry. I actually submitted 15760 to the admins last night after hearing some of that initial traffic. However I submitted it as a "National Guard" channel. Would "National Disaster Medical" be a more fitting tag?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I chose to add 15760 as Greenville Memorial Hospital. My logic is we've only heard this talkgroup in response to GMH activity. I have heard it active before in relation to GMH. We can change it later if the use dictates.

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
As Commo for SC1 NDMS I assure you we have NO talkgroups on Pal 8 other than access to FED CALL, and all the M/A channels.

I hope that helps a little.

Gotcha, thanks Larry. I actually submitted 15760 to the admins last night after hearing some of that initial traffic. However I submitted it as a "National Guard" channel. Would "National Disaster Medical" be a more fitting tag?

ecps92

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
Bill,

Thank you for reminding me why I no longer participate in the forums!!!

For clarification, I am extremely familiar with all branches of NDMS as I (and hopefully you) have finished the new responder e-learn courses (as well as all the courses from UMBC back in 2004 under Homeland Security). The wiki link could use some updating, but thanks for the link.

If you will note the other post in the thread they are just trying identify TG's. I have a strong feeling (maybe from having a fleetmap?) that they might want to just label the TG something other than NDMS, but at this point...label it "Donald Ducks Medevac" for all I care....I'm done trying to help...:cool:

But remember, NDMS is not just the Medical Response Teams you and I are familiar with.

NDMS member Hospitals are incorporated
National Disaster Medical System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then, who knows what the state definiation of NDMS is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.