Fort Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Question for the Group,

I listen to the Fort Jackson Trunk Group when I am in Columbia. I am able to hear both sides of the conversation when listening to Fire / EMS talkgroup. However, when listening to the MP talkgroup, the "Car" side is clear, but the dispatch is completely "garbled".

Is this the same for other listeners?

Is the dispatch side encrypted? If so, why only one side encrypted?

Also, I have used a wildcard on this trunk group and seem to pick up a good many talkgroups that are not listed. From the conversations it sounds like the Basic Training Platoons "Playing Army"

Again, Thanks for the Info.
TigerScan

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
some MPs are running encryption but not all of them, for the most part they probably don't even realize it isn't turned on/enabled on their Radios.

We have maybe 5 or 6 TGIDs listed, but there is actually i think 10 Law TGIDs and 15 Fire/EMS TGIDs.
I have all the alpha tags but do not know all the actual Decimal IDs...

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Follow up Question:

Fort Jackson has two groups with two different control channels.
Fort Jackson 106: 406.36250c
Fort Jackson 107: 410.76250c

I currently have the Fort Jackson 106: 406.36250c talk system programmed.

Do both systems broadcast the same or is there different "chatter" on the each group.

Still "feeling" my way around some of this talk system / talk group stuff.

Again, Thanks for the info,
TigerScan

vinzep491

some MPs are running encryption but not all of them, for the most part they probably don't even realize it isn't turned on/enabled on their Radios.

We have maybe 5 or 6 TGIDs listed, but there is actually i think 10 Law TGIDs and 15 Fire/EMS TGIDs.
I have all the alpha tags but do not know all the actual Decimal IDs...

CAESAR - - can you hook me up with your list of alphatags so I can do some checking with my notes and see what I can come up with!?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.