Lexington Medical Center Radio Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinzep491

So the other day I was out at Lex Med Center talking to one of my buddies on the hopsital pd (which btw is a full agency with full police powers, who would have thought they would need all that)...

I was playing on his xts5000, they got their two Pal800 TG's in their zone 1, and all the local PD/EMS/FIRE agency's scanning in another bank, with the exception of the LCSD, of course.

But Anyways - The officer told me theywere having major issues with their Palmetto coverage inside the hospital. He was complainging that they had no coverage in the basement, which is where their cafeteria is located, so he was frustrated because that's a whole 45 mins out of his shift that he wasn't available by radio.

The hospital is in the process of a $40,000 upgrade to put a Palmetto800 repeater system inside the hosptail to give them 100% coverage.

I wonder if it will be a new site with it's own CC, or if it will be a simulcast linked to the Lex tower maybe?

Any ideas?

qball

Premium Subscriber
EMR Corp. 860642/C *806-866 50dB SMR Repeater | TESSCO

The hospital is possibly considering a solution like the above unit to get the signals into and out of the basement floor(s) and other areas of the hospital with poor coverage.

Jeff has offered the most plausible answer to their coverage issues, and a bi-directional amplifier is the name of the device. You couldn't begin to discuss adding a site with Motorola for less $500,000.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.