palmetto 800 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
hello fellow scanners i was wondering does anyone have any TGIDs for palmetto800 sys in sc
it seems i program'd my scanner for SCHP but i have a CTRL channel noise skip in and out sounds like a machinegun it only happens once in a while

i dunno whats going on i programed every thing straight from the pal800 page on RR added Red (c) primary control channels | Blue (a) alternate control channels then the black freqs. then copy'd the TGIDs and placed them in the bank from lowest to highest in EX

SCHP Ch 02 TAC 2
SCHP Ch 03 Kershaw/Lee
and so on.....

can anyone give me a clue of what going on im runing a RS pro-163 OPEN is on and GA off
could it be a digital signal im picking up witch if that was the case i wouldnt hear nothing just static right?

leeme know thnx

doneros

I had a BCT8 for a week - jumped up to a BCT15X - I have a subscription at RR and bought ProScan ... Will someone please tell me why, for what reason or purpose I would want to post my scanner responses to a website - or why would I want to record my scanner responses.
I'm not a private investigator and the web is crowded enough without me posting the Ovett, MS (1 man) Police Dept on the web.
But if I lived in Los Angeles what would be the point? I'm sincere. I have no idea why anyone would want to receive a message that anyone else could get with or without a scanner and post it on a website.
Please don't bash me but you can reply to me at thekind@charter.net
I've run ham shacks, cb's and as a private pilot I keep a transceiver around >>> but what is the purpose of posting what you heard Jimmy Jones say to PD#1 ???

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
hello fellow scanners i was wondering does anyone have any TGIDs for palmetto800 sys in sc
it seems i program'd my scanner for SCHP but i have a CTRL channel noise skip in and out sounds like a machinegun it only happens once in a while

i dunno whats going on i programed every thing straight from the pal800 page on RR added Red (c) primary control channels | Blue (a) alternate control channels then the black freqs. then copy'd the TGIDs and placed them in the bank from lowest to highest in EX

SCHP Ch 02 TAC 2
SCHP Ch 03 Kershaw/Lee
and so on.....

can anyone give me a clue of what going on im runing a RS pro-163 OPEN is on and GA off
could it be a digital signal im picking up witch if that was the case i wouldnt hear nothing just static right?

leeme know thnx

If you're running the PRO-163 in OPEN mode, then you're hearing ALL radio traffic carried on the site that you're monitoring. In Greenwood, that might include talkgroups from Abbeville, Aiken, Saluda, Laurens or other nearby counties and cities that use digital talkgroups. On a PRO-163, which cannot decode digital transmissions, they might sound like something resembling a static followed by a machine gun sound.

If you have properly programmed the scanner, then you should see the active talkgroup ID appear in the display while you hear that noise. You could then cross-reference that talkgroup with the listing on RR and determine what agency you're hearing.

To avoid this, you can lock those talkgroups out as they pop up, or program known digital talkgroups that might be carried on the Greenwood site and lock them out preemptively, or scan in CLOSED mode. In Closed mode, you'll only hear talkgroups you have programmed and not locked out.

If you're not seeing the talkgroup ID displayed when you hear that noise, then you're not scanning the site properly.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
yes i see the TGIDs

im gonna try closed mode + to -

i looked on arc300 under the TGIDS and found that there are some TGIDS popping up on the scanner that are not on the TGID list

lets see what we got :)

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
If you can see the talkgroup IDs, then you can reference them in the DB and determine whether they're digital or analog (D or A in the Mode column). Some may even be encrypted (E). Closed mode should eliminate that problem, but it will also prevent you from hearing as-yet-identified "new" talkgroups that might be active on the site you're monitoring.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
yes you were right thanks closed mode helped alot no more issues but i did find sum IDs on my scanner that RR doesnt have

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
4432 id# 04432
4464 id# 04464
6224 id# 06224
48016id# 48016
48720id# 48720

4432 - Laurens Electric
4464 - Laurens Electric
6224 - Medshore EMS
48016 - Spartanburg Co. SD Dispatch
48720 - Spartanburg Co. Town PDs Dispatch

These are all listed in the database. While the Palmetto 800 database page is loaded in your browser, press CNTL+F. This will open up a "Find" window. Type in the talkgroup ID and it should hightlight the talkgroup for you.

Alternatively, click the "List All in One Table" link at the top of the talkgroup listing, just below the system frequencies grid. This will sort the talkgroup list in order of talkgroups, and you can scroll throught the list to find what you're looking for.

What active control channel frequency are you monitoring?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
kamikaze1 -

Unblock Private messages so that I can respond to your inquiries. Use the "User CP" link and look for a check box to unblock PMs.

Brian

mully95

These are all listed in the database. While the Palmetto 800 database page is loaded in your browser, press CNTL+F. This will open up a "Find" window. Type in the talkgroup ID and it should hightlight the talkgroup for you.

Alternatively, click the "List All in One Table" link at the top of the talkgroup listing, just below the system frequencies grid. This will sort the talkgroup list in order of talkgroups, and you can scroll throught the list to find what you're looking for.

My gosh!!!

Thanks brian for the tip!!

I was scrolling down the entire Pal800 page looking for each ID that I find.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
Pm

kamikaze1 -

Unblock Private messages so that I can respond to your inquiries. Use the "User CP" link and look for a check box to unblock PMs.

Brian

sorry about that i was gonna change that last week lol i guess i forgot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.