York County and 39.10 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
I haven't paid attention to the old fire dispatch channel since the county agencies migrated to 800 P25.

Is the frequency still being used at all ... either for dispatching, or by one of the county fire departments still maintaining low band radio comms ?

I'm trying to help DX hobbyist who believes he may have logged York County still using the channel.

fmfd53

long gone

39.10 is history the county came and got all the old radios when thay went to 800 system only time u see a 39.10 radio around here is on the Antiquities shealf even the high band radios no more as a emergency responder in york county we miss the old radio system .

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Thanks for the comments. KYQ and FMFD. One of the EOC folks had contacted me directly on the RR website to mention that YC use of 39.10 was no more.

A person had posted a skip logging of someone using 39.10 / 127.3, and he had speculated it might have been YC. I wasn't aware if one of the departments had kept their low band gear for tac or training purposes, as departments in Gaston Co did when they migrated to high band years ago.

>> even the high band radios no more

FMFD53 - So Fort Mill Fire's high band repeater is not available to the department anymore ? If that's the case, I'm sorry to hear that. It seemed to be a good setup for coverage and sound-quality across the town.

Let me also say "thanks" for all the mutual aid runs your department makes for Indian Land and Pleasant Valley (I live in IL).

W4LNY

If it is any halp, I use to listen to 30.10 daily when I was a volunteer firefighter in York County and I would here skip on a daily basis from some fire departments in the mid west, maybe IL, IN but I can't remember for sure, your friend may have heard one of these they can come in quite strong at times in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.