MeduCare Air Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I had heard that a talkgroup change was imminent, and that 50928 would not be used any longer.

Did Muducare Air (part of MTC/MedTrans) also take over Lifecare out of Horry and LifeStart out of Savannah? Or are they only operating the helo out of Charleston?

evan

Database Admin
I heard LifeStar active on 41216 (analog) but didn't hear any of the other choppers that use to be dispatched on 50928. I'm not saying they weren't also on the channel, but they weren't active the few hours I was able to monitor it.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
LifeStar = Savannah
OmniFlight = Charleston
LifeFlight = Conway

Is that correct? Trying to make sure I have all my names straight?

So does this mean there are 2 med helos based in Charleston now - Meducare and Omniflight? Is 50928 still in use?

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
Brian thats correct as I have seen so far.
Lifestar 1 Savannah, Ga
Lifestar 2 Vidalia, Ga Havent heard this one in a couple of weeks or so.
Omniflight Charleston, SC
Lifecare Conway, SC I earlier said Life Flight wasnt thinking straight.

I will put the new group in and listen for any changes but I believe at the moment that we now have 2 Medevac Helo's based in Charleston, SC.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks for the confirmation. We'll leave 50928 for now. I heard Meducare Air here in the Spartanburg about 3pm today on 50368.

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
Meducare has adopted the old name from the MUSC flights, but just the name. Omniflight still operates their 3 Lowcountry Helos. I found out today they are being dispatched from Atlanta but Im not sure how. The new TG is for Meducare based in Charleston. Which means Charleston has 2 Medical helos.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Check Palmetto 800 talkgroup 41216 for Lifecare and Omniflight. It was submitted today. Not sure if it's analog or digital (I guessed Digital).

I will remove 50928 after we're sure we know the "new" arrangement.

evan

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

41216 is analog

Status
Not open for further replies.