"New" Palmetto 800 sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
During a nice band opening on 800MHz this evening I've been monitoring some Midlands-area Palmetto 800 sites with Trunk88.

I note that there is a new site #36 being advertised as a neighbor of the Fairfield site #59 with a control channel of 868.9125. The only license for that site is WQOY456 for a location north of Camden in Kershaw Co. Folks in that neck of the woods might want to take a listen for that site.

Also, site #64 is being advertised as a neighbor of Site #44 Harbison with a control channel of 867.750. WPUR551 is licensed to a location on Main Streen in Downtown Columbia. Folks in that area might give a listen for that site.

evan

Database Admin
Also, site #64 is being advertised as a neighbor of Site #44 Harbison with a control channel of 867.750. WPUR551 is licensed to a location on Main Streen in Downtown Columbia. Folks in that area might give a listen for that site.

I've actually tried monitoring this CC in the past with trunker. It gives a sysID of 6314, site number of 5, with a site alias of "PARIS." At the moment, the control channel is 866.8625. It is listing Site 6 (NAUGST) as a neighboring site.

I've never seen any voice traffic or affiliations on it.

The first time I found it, I thought I was listening to a band opening of the Paris Mountain site. After monitoring it with trunker, I have concluded it is some sort of experimental/test site.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I've actually tried monitoring this CC in the past with trunker. It gives a sysID of 6314, site number of 5, with a site alias of "PARIS." At the moment, the control channel is 866.8625. It is listing Site 6 (NAUGST) as a neighboring site.

I've never seen any voice traffic or affiliations on it.

The first time I found it, I thought I was listening to a band opening of the Paris Mountain site. After monitoring it with trunker, I have concluded it is some sort of experimental/test site.

This is an interesting comment. When I was monitoring site 59 Winnsboro, I noted repeated messages from Trunk88 stating "Neighbour SysID (6314) not in SysID list; discarded." This would imply this temporary SysID is in use in some related way with Palmetto 800. I would suspect it has something to do with the SmartX migration, but I don't know any technical particulars.

If anyone has the ability to run trunk88 on a Midlands-area site, try adding 6314 to your SysID list (ie OmniLink) and see what pops up. Evan, perhaps that's what you've already done.

kj4bnd

This is an interesting comment. When I was monitoring site 59 Winnsboro, I noted repeated messages from Trunk88 stating "Neighbour SysID (6314) not in SysID list; discarded." This would imply this temporary SysID is in use in some related way with Palmetto 800. I would suspect it has something to do with the SmartX migration, but I don't know any technical particulars.

If anyone has the ability to run trunk88 on a Midlands-area site, try adding 6314 to your SysID list (ie OmniLink) and see what pops up. Evan, perhaps that's what you've already done.

P25 9600 test system...

trumpetman

Database Admin
No, what he's saying is the neighboring system is part of the test P25 system.

We had a similar setup in Charlotte when we did the SmartX switchover. There were 2 System IDs used, 2C10 and the 0F18 that was already in use, plus the new 9600 system on 2D0.

Not sure of the use of the extra 3600 system, but I imagine it's necessary for the switch-over to allow a proper migration, possibly to support Omni-Link operation, or to properly route all the necessary data across the network.

fire1112

Kershaw Co. Fire went to Palmetto 800 as their primary communications 1 year ago. This site was added in the northern part of the county to remedy the low or no signal issues that were present.

Status
Not open for further replies.