RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > South Carolina Radio Discussion Forum

South Carolina Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of South Carolina.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 9:13 PM
DB Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default "New" Palmetto 800 sites

During a nice band opening on 800MHz this evening I've been monitoring some Midlands-area Palmetto 800 sites with Trunk88.

I note that there is a new site #36 being advertised as a neighbor of the Fairfield site #59 with a control channel of 868.9125. The only license for that site is WQOY456 for a location north of Camden in Kershaw Co. Folks in that neck of the woods might want to take a listen for that site.

Also, site #64 is being advertised as a neighbor of Site #44 Harbison with a control channel of 867.750. WPUR551 is licensed to a location on Main Streen in Downtown Columbia. Folks in that area might give a listen for that site.
Sponsored links

Old 06-13-2012, 11:33 PM

nice catches, will try to run the trunker some this weekend on both...
Old 06-14-2012, 9:48 AM
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Also, site #64 is being advertised as a neighbor of Site #44 Harbison with a control channel of 867.750. WPUR551 is licensed to a location on Main Streen in Downtown Columbia. Folks in that area might give a listen for that site.
I've actually tried monitoring this CC in the past with trunker. It gives a sysID of 6314, site number of 5, with a site alias of "PARIS." At the moment, the control channel is 866.8625. It is listing Site 6 (NAUGST) as a neighboring site.

I've never seen any voice traffic or affiliations on it.

The first time I found it, I thought I was listening to a band opening of the Paris Mountain site. After monitoring it with trunker, I have concluded it is some sort of experimental/test site.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:05 AM
DB Administrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
I've actually tried monitoring this CC in the past with trunker. It gives a sysID of 6314, site number of 5, with a site alias of "PARIS." At the moment, the control channel is 866.8625. It is listing Site 6 (NAUGST) as a neighboring site.

I've never seen any voice traffic or affiliations on it.

The first time I found it, I thought I was listening to a band opening of the Paris Mountain site. After monitoring it with trunker, I have concluded it is some sort of experimental/test site.
This is an interesting comment. When I was monitoring site 59 Winnsboro, I noted repeated messages from Trunk88 stating "Neighbour SysID (6314) not in SysID list; discarded." This would imply this temporary SysID is in use in some related way with Palmetto 800. I would suspect it has something to do with the SmartX migration, but I don't know any technical particulars.

If anyone has the ability to run trunk88 on a Midlands-area site, try adding 6314 to your SysID list (ie OmniLink) and see what pops up. Evan, perhaps that's what you've already done.
Old 06-14-2012, 2:17 PM

Brian the new site is north of Camden on Hwy 521.
Sponsored links

Old 06-14-2012, 7:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That information if offered in the form of a MAP within this database.
Old 06-14-2012, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySC View Post
That information if offered in the form of a MAP within this database.
This is a new site in Kershaw County, not on the MAP yet. Its been operational just a few months.
Old 06-15-2012, 8:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Here is the link to the site. wqoy456 (SC Budget & Control Board (DSIT) Kershaw) FCC Callsign Details
Old 06-15-2012, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySC View Post
ah I didnt know how to get to that link. I was looking on the Pal 800 page when you click on each site. Kershaw was not listed but now it is.
Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
This is an interesting comment. When I was monitoring site 59 Winnsboro, I noted repeated messages from Trunk88 stating "Neighbour SysID (6314) not in SysID list; discarded." This would imply this temporary SysID is in use in some related way with Palmetto 800. I would suspect it has something to do with the SmartX migration, but I don't know any technical particulars.

If anyone has the ability to run trunk88 on a Midlands-area site, try adding 6314 to your SysID list (ie OmniLink) and see what pops up. Evan, perhaps that's what you've already done.

P25 9600 test system...
Old 06-30-2012, 1:46 PM
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj4bnd View Post
P25 9600 test system...
The CC was 3600, not 9600.

The P25 test site in Columbia has a CC of 868.75.
Old 06-30-2012, 1:53 PM
Database Admin

No, what he's saying is the neighboring system is part of the test P25 system.

We had a similar setup in Charlotte when we did the SmartX switchover. There were 2 System IDs used, 2C10 and the 0F18 that was already in use, plus the new 9600 system on 2D0.

Not sure of the use of the extra 3600 system, but I imagine it's necessary for the switch-over to allow a proper migration, possibly to support Omni-Link operation, or to properly route all the necessary data across the network.
Old 08-31-2012, 9:45 PM

Kershaw Co. Fire went to Palmetto 800 as their primary communications 1 year ago. This site was added in the northern part of the county to remedy the low or no signal issues that were present.