Frequencies For NC police (Moncks corner area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre364

Premium Subscriber
I've got a BCD346XT Trunk Tracker 3 been listening for 1 year now. I'm having trouble reaching all North Charleston PD frequencies. What frequencies are active now please list them. Another question I've got on my mind how far can you listen to these freq name a few you listen too that's far away.Also what's the best police scanner antenna to buy? Thanks in advance

scanchs

I've got a BCD346XT Trunk Tracker 3 been listening for 1 year now. I'm having trouble reaching all North Charleston PD frequencies. What frequencies are active now please list them. Another question I've got on my mind how far can you listen to these freq name a few you listen too that's far away.Also what's the best police scanner antenna to buy? Thanks in advance

Hi andre364,

The scanner model you provided (BCD346XT) does not exist. If your scanner is a Trunk Tracker 3, then you have a BC346XT (no D because it's not digital). This is important because the North Charleston PD is on the Palmetto Project 25 (P25) digital system. The frequencies for the Palmetto P25 digital system can be found in the Radio Reference Database. You will need a BCD396XT Trunk Tracker 4 or other digital scanner to receive this system. You also need to know that the Palmetto P25 towers do not transmit over as large an area as the Palmetto 800 analog towers, so you may not be able to receive North Charleston PD all the way up in Moncks Corner with an indoor antenna. You may need to use a directional antenna (yagi style) pointed at the nearest P25 tower to pick up a signal, and that may not even work if you are too far out. Unfortunately, the Palmetto P25 signal typically drops off fairly quickly once you're out of the intended service area.

I'm in Dorchester County near the Charleston County line, and routinely receive stations in Dorchester, Charleston, Berkeley and Colleton counties. Occasionally, when conditions are right, I also pick up Orangeburg county. I use a discone style omnidirectional antenna with a vertical whip on top to extend low frequency response. The antenna is mounted about 25 feet above the ground. The most sensitive scanner I have is a Uniden HomePatrol. Happy scanning! :D

ScanCHS

andre364

Premium Subscriber
How to receive and program a Pro-106 Digital Trunking handheld

Hi everyone. I'm new to this Pro-106 scanner Can anyone help me/point me in the right direction on how to program the right talkgroups for the right frequncies for all police,fire and Ems for the following Berkeley,Dorchester,Charleston,Orangeburg Counties and the highway patrol.Please explain on how get the Pro-106 to receive p25 and palmetto 800 what needs to be punched in to get it to receive? Anyone who can answer would be great.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I would recommend you start here: Programming Your GRE Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

This is a wiki page for programming a GRE scanner. It has links to various online resources that can help you understand the programming process. Many people find the "Easier to read" online manuals to be very helpful.

Most experienced scannists will tell you that using computer software to program your scanner, rather than by hand, is a wise choice. Computer programming requires an additional monetary investment in a programming cable, software and (optionally) a subscription to this website. I'll offer to share with you my configuration for your area that I use in my PRO-106, but at minimum you'll need to purchase a programming cable. My configuration is created using Win500 software, which offers a 30-day trial period at no cost. That's more than enough time to receive and upload my confguration, and even modify it to suit your own preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.