State Parks using digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

While monitoring the Caesars Head State Park 453.8750 freq Friday night, I heard two different data bursts that sounded like digital (P25). I have noted no changes in the license emissions.

Bob

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
When I visited the Beaufort area a few months ago, I noted that the Hunting Island State Park repeater was exclusively MotoTRBO. Not sure if that's a statewide trend for SCP&R or isolated.

rescuecomm

I guess I need to speed up the already contemplated CS-700 purchase. SCHearts is adding DMR to their network, so now there is another reason to get one.

Bob

SCPD

QRT
The small parks in the Pee Dee Region are still analog.. I know the guys who programmed one parks radios and at this point its a park to park situation.......

LarrySC

I've looked over the cs700 specs but come up w/ more questions than I can find answers. Looking for a Guru on cs700. Anyone in upstate got one??? My Wouxun Scanner is the thing since warm bread.

XTS3000

Grand Canyon is using P25 XTL/XTS radios. Think it's a federal park tho....

rescuecomm

I heard the usual NFM comms on the "in park" repeater PL 114.8 from Table Rock today. The digital transmissions were heard on both my mobile Kenwood D710 and on the home RS Pro-197. I don' t think it is a mixing product thing with the different receivers. They could have changed the Caesars Head repeater to a dual mode unit, but that would be P25/NFM rather than Mototrbo/NFM?

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.