Lexington Sheriff Encryption and Upcoming Sheriff's Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

KV4BL

Like many scanner enthusiasts in Lexington County, I was disappointed when our immediate past Sheriff decided to encrypt Lexington County Sheriff's Department radio traffic many years ago.

FWIW, I finally had the opportunity to speak with Sheriff's Candidate Ed Felix a few minutes ago and he seemed genuinely receptive to removing this costly and unnecessary feature from the LCSD radio system, should he be elected. I haven't had the opportunity to address the other three candidates on this issue yet, but they seem to be pretty much, status quo, in many regards.

Needless to say, I will be supporting the candidate who did not believe in encryption in his past street officer jobs, same as me.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Ray,

I'm leaning more towards Koon myself, but dad and I were just talking about this the other week hoping that whomever gets elected would consider removing Encryption from at least the Dispatch channels, i understand encrypted Special Ops & TAC channels but dispatch should be in the open, plus the additional costs, tax payer money used to keep us in the dark.

Matthew :)

KV4BL

Ray,

I'm leaning more towards Koon myself, but dad and I were just talking about this the other week hoping that whomever gets elected would consider removing Encryption from at least the Dispatch channels, i understand encrypted Special Ops & TAC channels but dispatch should be in the open, plus the additional costs, tax payer money used to keep us in the dark.

Matthew :)

Hi Matthew! I was hoping to get word to you about this. Sadly, all candidates except Felix seem to be tied to the old guard malfeasance that got Jimmy ejected. I think we deserve better than more decades of the same people calling the shots Thanks for the reply.

I do hope whoever goes in will lift the veil of secrecy that has plagued scanner listeners for too long.

KV4BL

That was a good article! GMTA! There is a lot of good insider info in the articles and comments on FitsNews regarding this election.

I hope they do at least unencrypt the dispatch channels like I had hoped Florence was going to do back when Florence first went 800 back in 93 they had a big article in the paper and had all of their freqs in it so that everyone that had a scanner could hear them they even had the talkgroupd in there too but now they went encrypted and are being hush hush

Status
Not open for further replies.