New to Charleston SC area

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobWannagot

Premium Subscriber
Anyone interested in discussing the local stuff just moved from NC and living in Dorchester County. Looking for any interesting frequencies in the area and help with local experienced listeners on how to monitor Dorchester Charlesto Count and City of Charleston

Thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Dorchester currently on the Legacy Palmetto 800 Motorola Smartzone TRS. Charleston City and County are on the Palmetto P25.CFD dispatches on the TRS, and has firegrounds conventional 800. The Palmetto P25 is an P25 Phase I system, and the Charleston metro area primarily uses the Simulcast site. You will need an P25 capable scanner that can handle the LSM of the site. Dorchester should be upgrading to P25 over the next year or so as the Palmetto 800 converts statewide to the Palmetto P25.

BobWannagot

Premium Subscriber
great start

Thanks I have beedn listening to these systems. I also like to monitor Milar- Charleston AFB and MCAS Paris Isl/ Beaufort. I did notice the different systems but will SC transition into Type II?? Is there any breakdown of Police beats/patrol areas for Charleston/Dorchester County? I did find the City of Charleston beat map - very interesting biut I don't feel that all of the beats can be filled every shift - some must have to be combined. What I found to be most interesting i that every officer gets a car.. Wasn't that way when I was on the job. Have two in the complex where I live I was wondering if the car # matches the beat that the officer was assigned to. Again Thanks for the info

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
At this point, The Palmetto P25 will be Phase 1 (FDMA), I have no info as to if or when they would think of going to Phase 2 (TDMA) usage on that system. As far as CPD, they are organized into Teams for the various patrol sectors. I used to have an complete listing of which Teams covered each sector. Yes, they all have an PC now under the organizational set up during Greenburg's tenure. They actually do an pretty good job filling the sectors staffing needs. (They still rolling B&W as the color scheme for the CPD? Also, still using an single amber flasher on the lightbars rear to let you know to not hit that PC while its parked somewhere for an run? Never really understood that when CCSO had directional sticks on thier units.)

I am unsure of the current CCSO set up as to how they do the numbering for North etc....
Same for DCSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.