Program Files for Greenville County

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkas1

Hi all,

I currently got a programmable BaoFeng for scanning purposes and transmitting on appropriate channels. This said, does anyone have a pre-built .CSV file for CHIRP or any other program? I live in Greenville County.

Thank you all.
-D.

KD8DVR

What "appropriate channels"? Are you a licensed amateur radio operator?

There are NO frequencies you can legally transmit on without an Amateur radio license. Please read up on radio regulations including equipment certification requirements.

Baofeng radios make poor scanners. They scan slowly and do not pick up any modern trunked systems.

Last edited:

donkas1

Hi KD8DVR,

I'm new to all this so I don't know what a trunked system is. All I can say is that I got a suggestion to buy a BaoFeng per a volunteer firefighter (I'm a VFF.) I have a radio when 'on duty' but have been strictly informed that the BaoFeng is for life emergencies only and could result in a FCC fine if not used appropriately. I have been told, and please correct me if I am wrong, that there is a license to transmit (if needed) on GRMS? frequencies for $85.00. No need to take a test - just pay the fee.However, under emergencies I can transmit when I am off duty. On duty is another ballgame. That said, I wouldn't mind listening to other local channels. I have something called chirp but not sure of all the logistics. Logistics are still in the work on my end on what frequencies are what on the BaoFeng.

Thank you,
D.

KD8DVR

Hi KD8DVR,

I'm new to all this so I don't know what a trunked system is. All I can say is that I got a suggestion to buy a BaoFeng per a volunteer firefighter (I'm a VFF.) I have a radio when 'on duty' but have been strictly informed that the BaoFeng is for life emergencies only and could result in a FCC fine if not used appropriately. I have been told, and please correct me if I am wrong, that there is a license to transmit (if needed) on GRMS? frequencies for $85.00. No need to take a test - just pay the fee.However, under emergencies I can transmit when I am off duty. On duty is another ballgame. That said, I wouldn't mind listening to other local channels. I have something called chirp but not sure of all the logistics. Logistics are still in the work on my end on what frequencies are what on the BaoFeng.

Thank you,
D.

GMRS icense is $65. But Baofengs aren't legal for use on GMRS.

The rules governing life threatening emergencies have been distorted and misinterpreted by those who wish to operate illegally. The only way someone could do that is by being a licensee of a specific service and then only transmit on frequencies authorized within the full coverage of that license.

LarrySC

BAOFENG works very good as a scanner in Grnvl and Pickens Co. Never thought people in OHIO lived in the real world HaHa. I can program your Baofeng. Call Larry 246-3261 I bougth three for my family members and never had complaints. Pending your reply......

LarrySC

OK. My programming skils go beyond what Baofeng offers.I can provide Grnvl City 800mHz Dispatch and your "name" in display 100% of time on. Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.