Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

leofsiege

Hello all, I am looking into getting some radios for our church to use for security/safety each week. What steps would we have to take to get registered to use either private or public frequencies? Are there special radios? I'd rather not use basic FRS/GMRS radios. I thought about using MURS, but I am not sure what radios I could get for that purpose. Any help would be great.

leofsiege

How do I know which ones are certified? I have had a really hard time trying to understand the codes and IDs on the FCC website. I was hoping to use Wouxun and/or BaoFeng radios.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Contact your local Radio Shop/Dealer and they will be able to hook you up.

leofsiege

Okay, so now I really don't understand. When I look up Wouxun in the FCC database, most of the Grants are for emission type 11K0F3E. when I look on the FCC website for the rules on MURS, it says this:

§95.631 Emission types.
(j) A MURS transmitter must transmit only emission types A1D, A2B, A2D, A3E, F2B, F1D, F2D, F3E, G3E. Emission types A3E, F3E and G3E include selective calling or tone-operated squelch tones to establish or continue voice communications. MURS transmitters are prohibited from transmitting in the continuous carrier mode.

So... if it is F3E, then it is legal on MURS? or not?

leofsiege

we are not saying that the radios are illegal, just using radios on the MURS frequencies that are not FCC approved is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.