Florence County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

73vw

Can anyone tell me if the system freq. given are all used for the talkgroups listed, or
would they be different. I'm having trouble understanding how it all works.

Can you convert the DEC or HEX to MHz to determine the talkgroup freq.? Do I need a
different scanner to hear everything for Florence county?

Confused in Effingham

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
A talkgroup can show up on any unused frequency that is part of the trunked system.

And, an active talkgroup may bounce around among all the voice frequencies in a relatively short period of time.

You cannot convert the decimal or hex I-D string, and come up with a value related to the frequencies for the system. In hex form, the talkgroup I-D is simply a way for the computers involved in the system operation to differentiate one talkgroup from another.

Decimal and hex talkgroup I-Ds ARE mathematically related, but most hobbyists are happy to work with Uniden's decimal I-D system because it's simpler to program a scanner, and it brings conformity to the hobby. If you want to program a trunked radio, though, you would need to work with hex.

You didn't mention what model of scanner you use, but you would need a trunktracking scanner to properly listen to the Florence County trunked system.

rockynsabrina

73, im in effingham also.where about are you at.i may have some valuable info on our system.including codes and signals.as for the hex and dec....jeff is the one to consult on that sort of issue

Status
Not open for further replies.