Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Horry County

System Name:Waccamaw Wireless, LLC
County:Horry System
Type:Motorola Type IIi Hybrid

What is this system used for ? I've been monitoring it a bit tonight and best I can tell - Cabs ??

Last edited:

dist24

Wacc Wireless

They are a small radio company in the Red Hill Section of Conway. Mainly for commercial for-profit businesses.

ScanDaBands

Banned
ok thanks....LOL I called them to see if they had a file for the trunking ID's and they "don't give out that info" ......oh my , top secret BUSINESS system........woooopy dooooooooooooo .....GRIN :roll:

Last edited:

ScanDaBands

Banned
LarrySC said:
I called the Secret Service once and ask them the same question. Got the same answer.
Well I can understand that , but a business system ? Big Deal !!

qball

Premium Subscriber
ScanDaBands said:

System security is important for a lot of reasons...here are a couple.

If you were a cab company with a scanner, you should could steal a lot of fares from another cab company by listening to the dispatches. Also, other unscrupulous folks may want to use that radio ID information to steal airtime/service from the radio carrier.

The radio shop would be doing a disservice to their customers by divulging the radio ID information. And who would want to make their customers mad?

ScanDaBands

Banned
qball said:
System security is important for a lot of reasons...here are a couple.

If you were a cab company with a scanner, you should could steal a lot of fares from another cab company by listening to the dispatches. Also, other unscrupulous folks may want to use that radio ID information to steal airtime/service from the radio carrier.

The radio shop would be doing a disservice to their customers by divulging the radio ID information. And who would want to make their customers mad?

Well put......appreciate the response , makes good sense to me.

Grog

Banned
ScanDaBands said:

Do a search for voice inversion in the 452-453 range, there was a company (cab company based on the hours used) that was very active in MB. It's been a few years, but they still might be active.

My company used a UHF shared buisness repeater that covered from south of georgetown to supply NC with mobiles, and almost that much with HTs.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
FWIW - Waccamaw Wireless shows 4 licenses in the FCC ULS database. The Horry County trunked site, a Horry County conventional channel, a three-channel trunked site near Georgetown, and a conventional channel in Duplin County (N.C.).

Might be the repeater system your company used, Grog ?

ScanDaBands

Banned
There is TONS of cabs using this system.....I have about 8 different ID's already for cabs and that's just in a few hours of monitoring. I just put the system in for the heck of it to check it out.

Grog

Banned
jeffmulter said:
Might be the repeater system your company used, Grog ?

Naw, it was another company. I can't even remember the freq anymore, but it was UHF. They also had a seperate repeater that we used for a phonepatch, when we were expecting a call, the repeater sent out a two-tone alert that alerted our raidus mobiles (maxtrac copy) if we were standing by on thet CH.

It worked well, had coverage using a HT on the belt in a car from the stateline to surfside beach (as far south as I went).

Status
Not open for further replies.