Anyone have a PRO-96 that could help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiefelm

I have purchased the PRO-96 Digital Scanner from Radio Shack. I have been able to program several frequencies of police, fire, ems, etc into it. Some of these frequencies use the trunking feature. I am new to the digital trunking scene, and was wondering if there was anyone who had the same scanner as me (Pro-96) that could give advice.

Thanks

feedbak

stiefelm said:
I have purchased the PRO-96 Digital Scanner from Radio Shack. I have been able to program several frequencies of police, fire, ems, etc into it. Some of these frequencies use the trunking feature. I am new to the digital trunking scene, and was wondering if there was anyone who had the same scanner as me (Pro-96) that could give advice.

Thanks

You should post this in the RadioShack section. However I have one, what do you need to know?

stiefelm

From what I have gathered so far I am looking at the idea of buying the PC interface cable that allows the PC to interact with some Win96 software, along with just ways of making sure that I can use the scanner to the best of its cabability for the areas and frequencies that I am listening too.

feedbak

stiefelm said:
From what I have gathered so far I am looking at the idea of buying the PC interface cable that allows the PC to interact with some Win96 software, along with just ways of making sure that I can use the scanner to the best of its cabability for the areas and frequencies that I am listening too.

Yeah I use win96 and the RadioShack USB programming cable its like 29.99. $30 to register the Win96:
http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win96/

The software is soooo much easier than programming the radio from the buttons as it takes quite a bit. Before I had the programming cable I just threw in my digital trunking control channels and left it in open mode. That wat at least i was off to the races. I just used all the frequencies for my area as found in the database on here.

I am not sure about your area, maybe someone else in here can pipe up.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Let us know where you are located, and one of us in SC may have a p96 file we can share with you for your area.

stiefelm

brian said:
Let us know where you are located, and one of us in SC may have a p96 file we can share with you for your area.

I am in the lower part of the state, but will be heading toward the upstate in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.