Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

KU4MY

Well, I didn't see a thread for folks to discuss amateur radio, scanning and CB anywhere here, so I figured I would e brave enough to start one.

I'm Tom and I am in the city of Anderson. I monitor 147.420 simplex and 146.790 (-) Sassafras Mountain machine, as well as channel 4 on 60m (5.371.50 USB) and may also be found on 3.915 and 3.895 on 80m.

73 de Tom

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Tom, I'm mong from the other site. Good to have you here.

I stayed in Anderson in 1996 for a SLED class, it's probably the only area in SC I'd actually live in if I had to leave NC :D

Things are quiet here most of the time, although we might be able to say Feck if needed. We'll even let you take point :lol:

FatherJackAOW.jpg

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Hey guy, i'm futher south in sout carolina, i'm on 146.535 simplex mostly, and almost all the time if you travel this way....

rescuecomm

Hello. I am Bob, N4CRX, and live in Easley. just put up a better antenna on 2m/440 but the SWR is a little high on 2m. When I get it set up, I will give you a try on 147.420 sometime. I have worked some of the guys on the 147.42 in the past.

KU4MY

Hi Mong, Caesar and Bob! Great to see you guys here! Yep, Bob, we are pretty spread out on .42, everywhere from Carlton, Georgia to Roebuck...... jump in and join us when you can. Hearing me will be a challenge as I live in the deep hole across from the Anderson Mall and about the best I can do on VHF is throw about 200W+ into the ground plane to try to pitch a signal out of the ditch.

rescuecomm

Well Tom, looks like 19/79 repeater time for us. I am running about 35 watts into a 3dbd antenna up about 28 feet, but like you, I live in a hole, ravine, mini-canyon whatever. You must have a Mirage on the two meter to get 200 watts RF.

Bob

Grog

Banned
You're that close to the mall? I was in that one for a week several years ago, taking a SLED class that tri-county tech was holding in their classroom they have.

Living off of food court lunch for a week=:(

AFnNoob

See if you guys can pick up and identify what sounds to me like "packets" on 169.505. I can figure out what this is.

They are at random intervals.

KU4MY

rescuecomm said:
Well Tom, looks like 19/79 repeater time for us. I am running about 35 watts into a 3dbd antenna up about 28 feet, but like you, I live in a hole, ravine, mini-canyon whatever. You must have a Mirage on the two meter to get 200 watts RF.

Bob

RFConcepts! ; )

KU4MY

Grog said:
You're that close to the mall? I was in that one for a week several years ago, taking a SLED class that tri-county tech was holding in their classroom they have.

Living off of food court lunch for a week=:(

Mong that's sad, unfortunately, our little mall has little to offer in the way of food. Harbor Inn in the parking lot is okay once in a blue moon if you crave southern style, more than you can eat in one sitting, deep fried seafood. Then of course there is IHOP in addition to the obligatory Chick-Fil-A, Mattison's, Sbarro's and Anderson Express, but, I am sure you found all of those.

You should have said something as Brad is now a telecomuter and I am semi-retarded, ummmm semi-retired, we could have rescued you for Firehouse Subs or Tucker's on a lunch break!

KU4MY

AFnNoob said:
See if you guys can pick up and identify what sounds to me like "packets" on 169.505. I can figure out what this is.

They are at random intervals.

I will listen in and see what's up.

KU4MY

Hmmmm, it would appear the old Anderson Thread just isn't very popular. The hamfest at the new location was a fantastic success though.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
KU4MY-
Good to have someone from Anderson around...parts of my family still live in Anderson as well as my Great Grandfather was Mayor of Anderson in the past...my father has a law firm downtown...planning for a trip back down there this summer...
Thanks for being a RR.com member!
73's
Marshall KE4ZNR

Grog

Banned
KU4MY said:
Hmmmm, it would appear the old Anderson Thread just isn't very popular. The hamfest at the new location was a fantastic success though.

Don't worry everyone, Tom just missed his meds this morning :D

I hate that I missed the Anderson and Morganton hamfests, but I stated why in the hamsexy thread. Oh well, there's alwasy Shelby :D

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
KU4MY said:
Hearing me will be a challenge as I live in the deep hole across from the Anderson Mall and about the best I can do on VHF is throw about 200W+ into the ground plane to try to pitch a signal out of the ditch.

Kinda ironic as my father used to live on Bernard E Bee Ave :D
and as I kid I remember when the mall was half the size it is now
and remember when they expanded it in the early 80's....
Marshall KE4ZNR

KU4MY

Poor old Anderson Mall, it has it's spells, sometimes it occupancy is maxed out (tenant wise) and then it seems like a pack of the retailers will bail all at once...... no more Belk's Men's Store, no more Spencer's....... But that's all okay, we still have a 'CellPhone Shack'!

Anyway, downtown is doing fairly well as far as open shops and stuff.... we're no Greenville but hey, that's why we live here! ; )

rescuecomm

The last time I was in Anderson, was when I was dating a lady from Williamston, and we went to the Red Lobster. I used to go to a gun show at the Convention Center or somewhere down there. I got the antenna adjusted and up Sunday. Might give you a try on 147.420 next weekend.

Bob

KU4MY

OKay so where in the world has everyone been hiding? It's been insane hot here...... this is probably the only time I have been glad to live in a deep hole..... radio reception has now become a non issue as I am just glad to be down the creek bank where it's cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.