Berkley Co Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySC

From Mt Pleasant, can Berkley be received on the Charleston Pal 800 Twr or would you have to use the Summerville Twr, or Awendaw Twr.???

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
You can recieve Berkley fine on the following.. the Dorchester Co TWR, Summerville, Awendaw, Charleston TWRs. The following can all be picked up on those towers: Berkley Co, Dorchester Co, MUSC, all the SCE&G stuff, ALL State Agencies, and sometimes you get lucky and have an Orangeburg Co unit or two roam in, and rarely Georgetown Co. Hey larry, if your going down to Mt. P, check out the new ASTRO-25 Charleston Co TRS and see how your scanner picks it up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LarrySC

I just hope the tower controllers and TG ID's are current. I'm doing 3 seperate 2096's for that area. Been PGM'n a long time. This is the hardest job I ever tackled. Pal800-Chas Co-Chas City-Military-USCG-and surounding counties. TOOOOO many towers and systems for one place. SC alone has about 6 agency groups. If it dosent work, I'll be one sick plugger.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Best bet is to use CC only for the palmetto 800. Just put in ALL the CC's for them and then go from there. as far as I know all the TG's are up to date.. Brian just updated the newest submissions.

Last edited by a moderator:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I hope to be at Isle of Palms this weekend. As I recall from previous visits (2 years ago), the Hagood site is not particularly strong at IOP. And not much is carried on the Awendaw site. SCHP and that's about it. I guess I'd be surprised if I can hear much Berkeley Co. traffic from there. But I'll let you know after this weekend.

As far as I know, all of the data in the database is accurate.

You're right about too many systems - 3 or 4 Palmetto 800 sites, Charleston Co. 2 systems, Charleston City, Military, SC Ports has an EDACS system, it's a lot for one configuration.

LarrySC

I appreciate the replys. I would assume Awendaw would carry Chas Co and Geo'tn because of the junction of each county. We'll soon know. Thanks

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
If you mean Chas Co. in terms of their county talkgroups, it doesn't, but the county system does cover up there. I don't recall whether, say, the MUSC talkgroups are carried on Awendaw. I know for a fact that Georgetown Co. talkgroups are not carried on the Awendaw site.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Larry -

I'll correct my previous post above. After a day at IOP, I can tell you that in fact Site 9 Hagood is quite strong here. I can't receive Awendaw at all. Site 52 Moncks Corner is also pretty strong, but I'm up in the third floor of a condo with a view to the southwest, so that may not be universally true.

Site 9 does carry a good bit of Dorchester and Berkeley Co talkgroups. I'll know more details when I can look at the Trunk88 logs, but Berkeley is doable in Mount Pleasant.

I failed to program the new Astro25 Charleston Co. System and I'm missing Charleston EMS traffic except for hospital reports. So I'll be modifying my configs for that. I'm not getting particularly good degital decoding on the voice channels on my PRO-96 from here. CC decode rate is marginal, probably averaging in the 60% range, so that's why, I guess.

bpalmer

CHS Co

For what it is worth, here in Beaufort I hear most everything that is on the Chs Co system and I suspect that may be true into Awendaw and McClellanville

Billy KE4CEV

LarrySC

Thanks ALL. Yea, it's just a big game. Who's on first. After the hamfest in May I plan to make a list of upstate towers and show Pri and simulcast for all the local departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.