Greenville City Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocn29rsc

Does anyone know if the info for city fire is correct on the data base? I have them programmed in my 396, but here nothing. I also have city PD programmed and works just fine.

I hear them being dispatch on uhf but nothing after it on 800.

J. Cody

SCPD

QRT
They do work and typically there is traffic all day long, although it's mostly trucks moving from 1 station to another or to the drill tower. GFD uses the Dispatch 1 primarily and if necessary assigns a command channel (command 1). Make sure you typed the talkgroup info correctly. Also, make sure you are on the correct cell. Paris Mtn cell is their primary site, although there are 2 others... Simpsonville and ??? If you are hitting Hogback or Fairforest you wont get anything.

Last edited:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I heard them active on Hogback this morning, but I don't know if that's a full-time thing.

I've also heard them on Stone Station, which seems bizarre to me.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If they move close eneough to those sites, the radios will affiliate with that tower. Which is a good thing for interop and coverage issues.

SCPD

QRT
I've never heard them on those sites, so that's interesting. Most agencies only pay for 3 sites on the pal800 because of the subscriber costs, so depending on where youre at around town you may or may not hear an agency. Most of them do use paris mtn, so I lock on it most of the time.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I guess Stone Station is unintuitive to me considering it's in Southern Spartanburg County, pretty far away from the city limits of Greenville. I never hear them on Fairforest.

Status
Not open for further replies.