Myrtle Beach using Horry Co. TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dridley

Premium Subscriber
The last couple of days, Myrtle Beach Police and Fire have been using Horry County's TRS. TGIDs are as listed on the HCTRS database for MBFD and MBPD.

I'll keep an eye on this and let you know if it changes back.

dist24

Myrtle Beach PD and Fire

Myrtle Beach is changing over to Horry County TRS as we speak. The last few radios are currently being reprogrammed.

Horry County TRS system within the next month will have NEW and DIFFERENT talk groups for many departments.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
milf said:
That will give MB a LOT better coverage!

Yea I've been listening , they have been using both the old and the Horry ...seems to me since last night they might be totally on Horry...NICE - I like it.

Hey speaking of Horry , does anybody have a ARC 246T file to share.....I'd really like to compare what I have to see if I'm "missing" anything. Be glad to post mine if anybody wants it.

Last edited:

Grog

Banned
:lol: I remember the good old days, when MB used the county TRS and seemed happy. Then they had to change things for no reason. Oh well, taxpayer money is not real money :lol:

tgardner

It is nice to monitor MBPD without having to use the yagi. I hope the Horry County TRS is not going digital anytime soon now that everyone is onboard.
I am looking to buy a new Icom 706MKIIg and do not want to have to spend another $400 + to get a new scanner as well.

ScanDaBands

Banned
tgardner said:
It is nice to monitor MBPD without having to use the yagi. I hope the Horry County TRS is not going digital anytime soon now that everyone is onboard.
I am looking to buy a new Icom 706MKIIg and do not want to have to spend another $400 + to get a new scanner as well.

Man I feel your pain.......I hope not either , it is a GREAT system to listen to as is.....I think one of the better ones in the Southeastern US...Love the coverage.....I only am using a 246T at the moment with a GRE 3001 pre-amp and a Max 800 antenna , and I get ALL that the systems has, Even Loris I haven't heard Surfside yet.....OH YES that brings to a question....Atlantic Beach , I never have heard anything on that , I know the Aynor is dispatched from West Dispatch , BUT never heard a thing on Atlantic Beach.

Grog

Banned
It's been a long time since I was there, but Atlantic beach was dispatched on the main County PD TG.

I was on a shooting there one morning, only white guy in a sea of 300 brown :lol:

cdkiser75

Change over

Yea Myrtle Beach is operatiing mostly on Horry County, however, I have yet to here Surfside. Any insight on how to pick them up?

ScanDaBands

Banned
Grog said:
only white guy :lol:

laughing3.gif

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Just returned from a trip to Myrtle Beach .. MB fire is on Horry County system, you can still hear MB Fire Dispatch on the MB system .. but not the units .. MB Fire TG ID's still the same (for right now) on the Horry system. I never heard any alert tones for MB Fire on the Horry County system though.

MB Police were still operating on MB system as of 04/14/07.

HCFR89

okay, so you guys are saying that myrtle beach fire and ems is now on horry county fire/rescue frequencies? I have horry county fire/rescue frequncies in my BCT8. Do I need to add anything or change anything to get myrtle beach fire and ems on horry county fire/rescue 800 trunking system.

Also, anyone know what the unit numbers are in myrtle beach. I know how horry county fire/rescue works. Does Myrtle Beach work the same way. How can I tell the difference between myrtle beach and Horry County fire/rescue. Do they say they're dispatching for myrtle beach when they are dispatching. Also, how can I tell when myrtle beach is talking to another unit or to dispatch. Like I said, do they have a different unit number. I know each one is going to be different because they're are different stations. But how can I tell if its myrtle beach is talking, not horry county fire/rescue.

Sorry, im alittle confusing. I hope you guys understand.

dist24

Myrtle Beach FD

Myrtle Beach Fire units are "600" #'s
They are using the Horry Co TRS assigned Fleet Id's in the data base for Myrtle Beach

ScanDaBands

Banned
"Bionic" system to scan , be glad if and when Surfside jumps aboard too. I NEVER hear Surfside either on Horry OR the Myrtle Beach 800 system !!!!!!!!!!!

HCFR89

dist24 said:
Myrtle Beach Fire units are "600" #'s
They are using the Horry Co TRS assigned Fleet Id's in the data base for Myrtle Beach

Now, im a newbe when it comes to abbreviations. what does TRS stand for. sorry :(

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
To expand a lil... In this instance:
The 800 MHz frequencies of the Trunked Radio System used by Horry County.
This system is an Motorola Type II Smartzone used in analog voice mode currently.
Virtually ALL Public Safety Agencies in the county use this system for communications.
You will need and Trunktracking scanner to monitor this system.
Other systems of interest in the area are the Palmetto 800 TRS *800 MHz Motorola Type II ASTRO Smartzone using both analog and digital voice.*

For more info on Truned Radio Systems, Trunking capable scanners, and digital etc.. please feel free to check out the other threads and forums on this site, and ask away. We will gladly help you out! Welcome on board!

HCFR89

Okay, I understand all the trunking stuff. I have brunswick County (NC) Fire/EMS and sheriff. I also have Horry County Fire Rescue in my scanner. Am I going to pick up Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue on the Horry County Fire Rescue Frequenies. Or do I have to put other frequenies in.

Thanks

ScanDaBands

Banned
calabashfire said:
Okay, I understand all the trunking stuff. I have Brunswick County (NC) Fire/EMS and sheriff. I also have Horry County Fire Rescue in my scanner. Am I going to pick up Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue on the Horry County Fire Rescue Frequencies. Or do I have to put other frequenies in.

Thanks

YES Myrtle Beach is using the HORRY COUNTY Motorola Type II Smartzone system and they are using the tag's that are listed in the RR Database as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.