Why the Update on Mryrtle Beach 800 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The frequencies were updated today !!

I thought they were totally on Horry TRS , is Surfside using it....

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Somebody submitted a confirmation of a 4th control channel, and the database was updated to reflect that.

No actual frequencies were changed.

No idea about Surfside.

Brian

Grog

Banned
Just because MB is not useing it, does b=not mean that won't/cant' keep it as a backup in case of major falure/overload of the county system.

I assume they didn't switch their site(s) over to the county use like NMB did?

Grog

Banned
brian said:
Myrtle Beach FD is still active on the MB System. MB PD is active on Horry County.

Makes you wonder why the system was not good enough for the police, but was deemed good enough for fire use? Does anyone know if MB fire uses a simplex Freq for fireground use, or do they use talkgroups on the TRS?

I don't care how good a system is, I'd be leery of going into a building using anything but analog simplex........

jclomi

Surfside

Hey
Im getting Surfside scan and they have 2 cc
It appears that they are using the same talk groups. Also Lakewood Security uses the same cc so from time to time you hear them as well. So it does not seem like they are on Horry trunked system as of yet. And last night I was getting MB loud and clear from Pawleys Island
Surfside 60816 and 60880
Happy Scanning
Jeffrey

tgardner

brian said:
Myrtle Beach FD is still active on the MB System. MB PD is active on Horry County.

Brian, I am copying Myrtle Beach Fire Department traffic on the Horry County TRS talk groups. Is this the same traffic that is on the Myrtle Beach system?

ScanDaBands

Banned
jclomi said:
Hey
Im getting Surfside scan and they have 2 cc

Hmmmm I don't have those frequencies listed in either system ?????????????????

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
tgardner said:
Brian, I am copying Myrtle Beach Fire Department traffic on the Horry County TRS talk groups. Is this the same traffic that is on the Myrtle Beach system?

Yep, you're right, I spoke too soon. I heard MBFD assist HCFR on an entrapment accident on 17 Business this morning around 5am. They came up on the county system. They even come up on the HCFR Tac 2 channel.

I ran trunk88 on the MB Trunked system for several hours yesterday, I haven't looked at the data yet, so I'm not sure what use that system is getting at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.