LifeNet Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan

Database Admin
Apparently in early May Careforce and Lifereach were combined into one service known as LifeNet South Carolina which will become the only air medical service in the Columbia area.

A few weeks ago I did hear "LifeNet III" on a scene call in Lexington County. I just assumed Careforce and LifeReach were on different calls and LifeNet was a chopper from a different area of the state. As it turns out, they have merged. One of their goals is to have only one dispatch center. I would think they will be on only one talkgroup, unless one TG will be used to talk to Providence Hospital and the other to talk to Palmetto Richland. I won't be able to listen to the LifeReach TG (3888) or Careforce (3920) for a few days. Can anyone confirm what talkgroups are in use by the helos?

There will no longer be two helicopters stationed in downtown Columbia, instead there will be three scattered around the Midlands: Irmo, Camden, and Orangeburg. The article doesn't mention that Careforce had a second helicopter that rotated between Clarendon County and Bamberg County each day. I guess those areas will have to be serviced from Orangeburg now.

Check out this article from The State: http://www.thestate.com/154/story/52295.html

Here is their website: http://www.lifenetsc.net/index.html

grcjrsc

I have heard the operating on the old LifeReach(3888) talk group during the last several weeks. I will add both back to my primary scan list to verify further. I haven't copied them on any new talk groups on the scanner that runs with all the verified TGs(on Richland simulcast) locked out, so I assume that that are not running any new talkgroups. Also I just checked trunker and I show hits on both 3888 and old Carforce(3920) today 3888 last hit was 11:08am and 3920 at 03:06am.

George

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
3888 is primary and only dispatch for lifecomm at this point. some traffic still on 3920 but not much and not dispatch. they are suppose to keep the choppers out of the downtown area now. station them on the outskirts to give quicker response time.. but yea, it has been this way for atleast 2 weeks. read about it in the state as well (in paper)

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
When travelling through Columbia Saturday evening, I heard a patient report from a LifeNet Helicopter to a hospital (don't remember which one) on 3920.

grcjrsc

Have copied LifeNet 2 and LifeNet 3 communicating with Palmetto Richland ER on 3920 today. Seems that all communication on this talkgroup is to Richland ER from one of the LifeNet helo's. All dispatch appears to be coming on 3888 as per the above posts. My guess would be the Richland is still monitoring the old CareForce TG for incoming patient information. Since they were already set up to monitor the TG it makes sense and gives them a quiet TG to monitor, that will only have inbound helo traffic for Richland ER. Being the Richland is the trauma center for the midlands this would be a good setup. Will keep montioring to verify if my assumptions hold true.

evan

Database Admin
I can confirm that 3888 is being used for dispatch purposes, in flight updates, etc and 3920 is only being used to give patient reports to Palmetto Richland.

Status
Not open for further replies.