Lowcountry EMD **drill** today

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsouth

Just spooled up, Colleton Co EOC initiated OpCon4 (drill) at 0800

numerous bridges and EMS stations dammaged, county wide telephone outages, radio station operating on emergency power due to numerous power outtages.

Noted on towers,
9,10,11,12,22,23,26,27,29,33,39,52,53 (that's all I can hear this morning!)

SC EMD LowCountry 11600
SC EMD ESF 2 28832

DHEC Reg 6 45520 (DHEC 4 calling meducare for earthquake drill)

evan noted he overheard possible VHF mobile repeater usage in his neck of the woods, anybody got an ear out?

David

Last edited:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm hearing drill activity on Cell 19 Spartanburg on 20976, which I have ID'd as DPS Troop 2. That seems odd. They are calling FRCC or SRCC?

DHEC calling Spartanburg Regional on 45424 SC DHEC Disaster Net Region 2, I think.

drsouth

brian said:
I'm hearing drill activity on Cell 19 Spartanburg on 20976, which I have ID'd as DPS Troop 2. That seems odd. They are calling FRCC or SRCC?

DHEC calling Spartanburg Regional on 45424 SC DHEC Disaster Net Region 2, I think.

Same hear, am hearing them on Hagood (9) all morning, they just sent a unit over towards Lancaster on hwy34

I think we've labled this as DPS2 based on the old SCHP channel copy, which has changed ALLOT over the years!

I've temp labled this as the SC EMD for McCormick,Greenwood,Saluda,Lancaster etc..

drsouth

Overheard 07Jun07 0928hrs on 64064

EMD guy updating helo on current location, he advised he was leaving Moncks Corner and enroute to Bonneau, SC

Helo: "bulldog32 bulldog50 Rodger that, I copy enroute to Bonneau, do you have U2 with you?"

Good to know these guys have a sense of humor

David

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm hearing a local drill on Cell 19 Fairforest on 36720 digital - sound like Spartanburg County.

Also getting traffic on 30896 here on Cell 19.

Additional info: I just heard a preliminary report about the drill in Spartanburg on 30896, obviously an earthquake scenario:
Damage to the overpasses at I-85 and I-26
Damage to the Fairforest Water treatment facility
Damage to a major gas pipeline through the area
Damage to Spartanburg 911 Center, all comms lost
Damage to Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, gas leaks there.
Damage to the Norfolk-Southern railroad tressle at Pine St. and Isom St., blocking Pine St. a traffic to SRMC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.