Spartanburg Live Scanner Feeds now online

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
http://www.scanspartanburg.com

Log on and tune in. One feed is Spartanburg PD and FD, the other is Spartanburg Co. SD.

The site is provided by Gordon of scangeorgia.com fame, and I'm providing the feeds.

I hope everyone enjoys them. And if you have spare scanner and a broadband internet connection and you're somewhere in SC, consider hosting a feed for us. Gordon does all the hard work.

Brian

MagicMan

Maybe Columbia.... I have been thinking about hosting here Columbia. Would like to talk sometime about the set-up.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
You can e-mail me (the Gordon Brian referenced above) at gordon@scangwinnett.com

To provide a feed you'll need a Cable Modem or a DSL connection to the Internet. You'll connect your scanner to the Line In input of your computer's sound card using a mono audio cable. I'll provide you with the software that is used to record the audio from your sound card and send it to my server for others to listen to.

I'll create a web site like ScanSpartanburg.com to be the home for the feed so that it's easy for people to find. The ads on the site will cover my bandwidth costs associated with hosting the feed.

If you would like to provide a Columbia feed I'll convert my existing ScanColumbia.com site to being the home for your feed instead of for Columbia County, Georgia since the site has been without a feed for a long time.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
AWESOME! Man, it is nice to hear "Spartanburg" over the speaker way over here in Texas!

Thank you guys for making Texas more enjoyable.

Brian, we'll be home around mid October, so we'll have to go out for a beer.

MagicMan

Got the scanner and everything programed. Now I am thinking about putting a dedicated computer together just for the scanner, currently I have the HP zd7140 laptop with expansion base. I use the laptop a lot on the job, selling real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.