Interested in providing a feed for ScanSouthCarolina.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
If you would like to provide a feed for the ScanSouthCarolina.com web site, send me the agencies that will be on your feed and I'll send you the instructions on how to set it up.

To provide a feed you'll need an audio cable to connect the earphone jack of your scanner (or other type of radio) to the Line In input of your computer. The instructions I'll send you will contain a link to a setup package created specifically for you which will install the Oddcast encoder and configure it for your feed.

The Oddcast encoder will record the audio from your sound card and send it to my server for others to listen to. You will not need to open any incoming ports on your router since no one will be connecting to your computer to hear your scanner.

Providing a feed will use very little of your Internet connection's upstream bandwidth (only 24k per second), so little that you won't notice.

As a feed provider you will have access to listener statistics and Google Analytics statistics for the web site as well receive credit for the feed on the home page.

If you're interested in providing a feed e-mail me at gordon@scansouthcarolina.com

Thanks!
Gordon

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
scangwinnett said:
Yes, alpha tags are supported using the Talkgroup Monitor program I wrote if you have a Uniden scanner.

What other kinds of info are you interested in?

send me the instructions on how to set it up - I want to check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.