Greenville EMS on UTAC-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

Heard them working something this morning using UTAC-3 as a tactical channel. Didn't hear anything on the Greenville Tac-1? Is something changing?

Bob

SCPD

QRT
Wow, that's news to me. Do you remember any specific units or trucks? I'll try to ask around and see what they say......

LarrySC

EMS UHF TAC 3 is 460.250 Thats the old sheriffs office ch-5. It has been tested several times lately and posted here. They never used it after it was setup a coulple of years ago. Testing was thought to be for sheriffs office. Since they are using 800D more now I guess they nolonger need their ch-5. With Berea and Glassy Mtn adding UHF I assume it will be used for RQ type operations. Another game of wait and see, or, hear.

SCPD

QRT
I don't have the PL for glassy, however, as of today their repeater is operational and testing began around 2pm.

And for the record, Bob, did you mean EMS Tac-3 or U-TAC3? They are different channels and for EMS to use EMS TAC3 is not out of the ordinary. I have not heard them on the UTAC channels though.

rescuecomm

Meant to type ITAC-3

Sorry guys, I had a senior citizen moment when typing the post. I monitor the ITAC, VTAC, and UTAC freqs on the Uniden. Heard Greenville County on ITac-3, that is, if I looked it up correctly.

Bob

rescuecomm

Yeah, the comms were tactical, not anything to dispatch. It caused me to eyeball the scanner to confirm since one or two of the transmissions were scratchy. GEMS is usually full quieting on their UHF repeater.

RS

SCPD

QRT
If anyone could post the PL for Glassy Mtn, I would appreciate it. I don't have scanner capabilities which display that type of information. Thanks!

rescuecomm

I have the SCTac and ITac conventional 800 repeaters set for a PL of 156.7 according to the state CIO info. I might be wrong about them, but will double check.

Bob

SCPD

QRT
I was referring to the PL of Glassy Mtn FD's new UHF repeater channel, not the I-Tac channels, but thanks.
Oh, and are we sure it wasn't Greenville County ERT? I know they have a stockpile of XTS2500's and use I-TAC 2 at hazmat and other technical rescue calls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.