Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard an EMS agency operating on 463.150 yesterday with a 173.8 PL. I also heard an EMS agency on 158.850, unknown PL. Does anyone know who is using these frequencies?

AndersonMBK

463.15000 is registered to Greenville County EMS/Rescue.

158.85000 is listed as being a Startex FD talk-around channel. There's two other listings for that freq. - A police dept. in Chester county and County Services for Orangeburg.

Using the RR database, you can enter the freq. and search for it's listing.

AndersonMBK

Did not know that, I paid early on before I knew everything that the site had to offer.

That makes the membership even more worth it.

khubbard said:
you think he would know his own depts freq.

I know my departments frequencies. I didn't program the PL for it in my scanner and was picking up another county on the same frequency.

LarrySC

463.150 PL 173.8 is Henderson Co NC and not used by Greenville Co. They use .075, .125, and .175, using a Digital PL.

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
Confused?!?!?

LarrySC said:
463.150 PL 173.8 is Henderson Co NC and not used by Greenville Co. They use .075, .125, and .175, using a Digital PL.

According to the FCC and RR database both Henderson County and Greenville County are liscensed on 463.150. No PL is listed on RR for Greenville County however a PL of 203.5 is listed for Henderson County. Is this data incorrect?

The only listing I found on RR(searching the closest states) with 463.150 and a PL of 173.8 would be Knox County, TN.

I'm Confused Larry, help me out here.....

Last edited:

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Remember, a lot of counties have licenses for the "med" channels, but they don't always use them. I'm sure my county still has a license for UHF use, and they haven't has UHF equipment in years.

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
Grog said:
Remember, a lot of counties have licenses for the "med" channels, but they don't always use them. I'm sure my county still has a license for UHF use, and they haven't has UHF equipment in years.

I understand that…...agencies often license frequencies and do not use them. My main question was regarding PL tones and identifying who
startexfirefighter was listening too. I guess I’m just as curious as he is.
:roll:

Grog

Banned
No problem, in fact I will try to check the dialcode book and see if any of the state sites have that PL on them.

edit, nevermind, forgot that the NC state network is on med 8 & 10, and 463.150 is med 7....

Last edited:

Grog

Banned
Well this seems to have been useless except I got to read the new SMAT frequencies listed for NC, but here is what I found.

After cross-referencing the NC dialcode book and the RR database, here is what I have found so far for NC...

Iredell County 463.150 KAN750 127.3 PL
Henderson County 463.150 WGT571 203.5 PL
Haywood County 463.150 WNIY302 186.2 PL as secondary communications.
McDowell County 463.150 WPUV847 103.5 PL

The following are listed as using 463.150 in the dialcode book, but nothing is in the RR database.

Wake County listed as primary but unused as they have switched to 800mhz
Pitt County listed as secondary using 127.3 PL on several MED channels
Dare County listed as one of four sites using 107.2 PL with MED 1,3,5,7 being linked together.

Last edited:

LarrySC

My information comes from one of my BC-780's thats PGM'ed for NC. It's programmed for that freq and PL and it is correct. Because something is listed with a Lic does not mean it is in use. My prime directive is to find something in use thats not listed anywhere.

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
Update the Database!

Because something is listed with a Lic does not mean it is in use. My prime directive is to find something in use thats not listed anywhere.

In regards to PL tones: If there is a discrepancy with the RR database and you have correct and accurate data, please update the database. We are all over here on the forums discussing what is what, and not keeping the database accurate and up to date.

:confused:

Grog

Banned
mlindler said:
In regards to PL tones: If there is a discrepancy with the RR database and you have correct and accurate data, please update the database. We are all over here on the forums discussing what is what, and not keeping the database accurate and up to date.

:confused:

You have to remember that Larry publishes and sells his upstate SC scanner guide (or something like that :) ) so while it would be nice for him to share info like what 99% of us do, he is under no obligation to do so.

If that is the case, then it is really something to think about, why would someone come here if they didn't want to share info?

But I have never met Larry, never will, and don't know what he is willing to share. Guess we'll find out :D

What I was hearing on 158.850 was Transylvania Co. EMS Dispatch on 158.8575 bleeding over. The correct frequency for Transylvania Co. EMS Dispatch is 158.8575 with a DPL of 047.

LarrySC

I do share. I give people correct freq and PL information. Look at previous post. I share my 68 page directory with people who want it. This forum is not the correct format for me to share all of my info. I do not take advantage of this forum by using it for free advertising. I have several dealers who sell more scanners simply because they can offer the book. I print several hundred each year and have for over 25 years. I just dont have time to maintain the RR SC section and leave that to others. I share my programming tricks with anyone who needs custom programming. I provide a service for profit. In many cases I give books away as a promo. Some on this forum have received them. Only once in 25 years have I ever run across someone that thought free enterprise was unusual. I have been dedicated to the scanning hobby since 1955. My mechanic, who I went to school with, has serviced my trucks and cars since 1960 and he does not share his information with me, only the bill. I dont hold that against him. Best regards to all. Larry

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> But I have never met Larry, never will, and don't know what he is willing to share. Guess we'll find out.

If you're interested, Grog, maybe we can both head down to the Spartanburg Hamfest in the spring, which I think Larry usually gets booth space at, and meet him.

I know Larry DOES share his information. He has been kind-enough to send me a copy of his directory for the past several years. Larry - sorry to take so long, but this is a good time to say, "Thank you !" for the most-recent copy.

At a time when most of the printed frequency sources have disappeared, Larry continues to update and publish a directory that provides a good resource for anyone monitoring the upstate ... and he does his own research.

I'm grateful that Larry thinks about me when he has some directories available, and jealous that he can make some money while pursuing his passion. Thanks, Larry.

Status
Not open for further replies.