York County System and a Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

newport759

I have (tried to) program a pro-96 to the new system. There is a lot of times that nothing will come across the scanner when the channel is active. Other time it will but like it has a weak signal. I am useing the win 96 program from starsoft to load it with. On the Rx mode they are set to Mot. Not sure what the CT/DC means so I did nothing. Also not sure what the Mot3600 or the Mot 9600 mean so did normal there. If I lock it on say channel 1 then I can see some that looks to me like a % for signal strenght. It moves from 00-90% but will not stay consistant. The Palmatto 800 work like a champ. Please help!!!!!

Steve

I think the York County system is a P25 system. So in WIN96 set the system as MOT 9600.
Set the frequencies as MOT like you have. Disregard the CT/DC setting. I will set up a WIN96 file for York County and let the you know or send you th file.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087
Not in South Carolina but offering help

Steve

Well I am having problems trying to get the file I set up to attach. If you want to, send me your e-mail address and I will the p96 file to you. Then you can compare your file to my file and see if they are the same or similar and go from there.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

Steve

Tried that but my zip program is not working correctly. The zipped file was too big for the site's requirement.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Here is the p96 file. No talkgroups just the frequencies and trunk settings.

Attachments

• York Co SC test.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 66

Steve

Jeff,

Yes I have used WinZip in past but due to a computer crash lost it and other things.
I did get WinZip 11.1 today so the file zipping problem is hopefully over for now.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
bAD RECETION

SO after lots of playing around I cannot get the either the pro96 nor the pro2096 to pickup worth anything on this simulcast system. They obviously weren't designed to handle simulcast. I have heard that the unidens do exceptionaly well with this system. any sugestions on good digital uniden models that will handle this P96 system that also do Icall and test display? I think I wanna switch.

fmfd53

pro 2069

to anyone that is haveing problems let me know and i can get you started it took me some time but i got mine woring and now all freinds and others from other department in york county that have scanners I can clone yours so you will not have to program i have mine set up with 800 ems fire and pd s all set up in diffreant banks and it works great there are some dead area in the fort mill area but over rock hill and clover york area it works great I even set charlotte fire on my scanner .

I know it can be a pain sometimes but once you get the hang of it cool

Daniel N
Fort Mill FD

Status
Not open for further replies.