Orangeburg area unidentified talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Anyone monitoring this forum in the Orangeburg area?

I passed through there on Saturday evening. I heard 2 talkgroups that I hope someone can help identify. I was driving and couldn't write it down, but I think I remember the talkgroup numbers correctly.

The first was 6704. It was an ambulance crew coordinating a emergency transport through Orangeburg County, Neeses area. At first, the unit advised someone that they would be running Code 3 through the county, as if they were coming from some other area. They then arranged a spot to meet, presumably to pick up another EMT/Paramedic? I don't know where they were transporting from or to. Could be a county EMS unit or a private service, I don't know. This channel was referred to as ROAM, they may have used a different 62xx or 63xx channel previously.

The other channels was 37616. This sounded like security for a college. Sounded like an officer reporting building checks periodically, with references to "Halls" as in residence halls or academic "halls". Maybe Claflin or SC State security?

Any help is appreciated.

jdb_br15

FIREFIGHTER/EMS
Premium Subscriber
That could have been Comunity Transport they work the dirt track over in the Neeses area and they do have 800 in their trucks and also back up orangeburg EMS

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Aha, that sounds about right. I believe that the transport involved a motorcycle accident victim, so that would make sense with a race track.

Thanks

kg4ekc

That is correct

That is the 800 talk group for Community Transport. They have a bunch of fly cars also. So it was probably a Paramedic meeting up with the unit. They now are using clear speach like the county EMS units. They run a lot of calls for the county now also. You will hear them on county EMS dispatch and the talk to thier dispatcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.